Now Playing Thread

biggsy said:
Haha thanks for proving my point:lol:

How have you stopped this forum turning into the CoB forum? By posting pointless negative shit everytime you're on your computer? I think not.

you havent even been here a year....please come back when you know what youre talking about. :Smug:

if there was a god, everyone would have to abide by a list of nfu-approved bands.

np - orphaned land on winamp, dream theater in windows media, and riverside on sterio

NFU - Just out of curiosity, what specifically do you despise about Riverside so much? I haven't gotten into their newest album but I think "Out of Myself" is beautiful.

NP:
B00004KD51.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Scourge of Malice said:
NFU - Just out of curiosity, what specifically do you despise about Riverside so much? I haven't gotten into their newest album but I think "Out of Myself" is beautiful.

NP:
B00004KD51.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

theyre just very boring and cliched. not to mention i get extremely irritated with modern bands that get penned with the "progressive" tag who couldnt be any less groundbreaking. i could go on forever, but the reasons should be fairly obvious for anyone who has some decent standards. no offense.

NineFeetUnderground said:
you havent even been here a year....please come back when you know what youre talking about. :Smug:

Yeah man I've been on the UM Forums for over a year, that means I'm fully qualified to be an arsehole:Smug: Just because you have a bigger post count, and older join date than me means nothing. The fact remains that you are a cockhead. I don't care if you've been here 10 years, that won't change.

Beautiful Mine - The Butterfly Effect

biggsy said:
Yeah man I've been on the UM Forums for over a year, that means I'm fully qualified to be an arsehole:Smug: Just because you have a bigger post count, and older join date than me means nothing. The fact remains that you are a cockhead. I don't care if you've been here 10 years, that won't change.

Beautiful Mine - The Butterfly Effect

i made one off the cuff comment about the band you mentioned in general, not even regarding you specifically as a listener. you think im going to just just because another noob retard with subpar taste calls me an asshole? ha...and you think youve been here long enough...

NineFeetUnderground said:
theyre just very boring and cliched. not to mention i get extremely irritated with modern bands that get penned with the "progressive" tag who couldnt be any less groundbreaking. i could go on forever, but the reasons should be fairly obvious for anyone who has some decent standards. no offense.

I agree about the "progressive" tag... but I do enjoy their sound. I think they have less of that cliche sound than most "prog rock" bands do. Atleast they're not trying to fuck and sound technical and different all the time just for the sake of it. I like that they keep it fairly simple. My only real gripe with them is that all the solos basically sound the same.

Scourge of Malice said:
I agree about the "progressive" tag... but I do enjoy their sound. I think they have less of that cliche sound than most "prog rock" bands do. Atleast they're not trying to fuck and sound technical and different all the time just for the sake of it. I like that they keep it fairly simple. My only real gripe with them is that all the solos basically sound the same.

but that is why i dont listen to any bands of that sound. so saying theyre a good one isnt exactly a selling point for me. not enough time in the day.

Scourge of Malice said:
Thats understandable. I really don't like most bands people refer as "prog rock/metal" but this band just does something for me.. dunno why.

btw, where in so cal are you? I used to live in Irvine until I left for school.

15 mins south of irvine....in laguna.