Now Playing Thread

<crimson> said:
as for cult of luna, i never heard em, album recommendation?

Salvation is the album ive been so impressed with, but i hear The Beyond is meant to rule as well. Try the songs Waiting For You, Echoes, Leave Me Here or Into The Beyond. Or just get the ablum.

Then turn it up. Sit back. And enjoy.

the_3_toed_sloth said:
Salvation is the album ive been so impressed with, but i hear The Beyond is meant to rule as well. Try the songs Waiting For You, Echoes, Leave Me Here or Into The Beyond. Or just get the ablum.

Then turn it up. Sit back. And enjoy.

haha, alright. i'll just dl Salvation in full. i like to listen to albums, rather than random songs..even when i'm first trying out a band.

np: Pink Floyd - Any Colour You Like

Sergei Rachmaninov - Piano Concerto 3 - I -Allegro ma non tanto

I wonder if there's anybody else in this forum who listens to classical. :)
Been playing piano since I was 5, so I've grown up on the stuff.

[onyx] said:

I do, but casually.

[onyx] said:

Yeah I grew up on classical/opera music myself, it was almost exclusively played by my parents while growing up. I always thought it was pretty decent but finally started to appreciate it and listen to it on my own about 2 years ago after listening to bands like Therion and Symphony X. I'm still a pretty casual fan though, but I have a hunch I'll be one of those classical buffs when I'm old :loco:

np: Meshuggah - Beneath

Ah, neato. It's interesting cause I've heard a few short ostinato sections and other classical figures in Opeth's music. Makes me wonder if they do it on purpose. :)

^Yeah just out of curiosity I wonder how much classical music the guys listen to...

NP: Porcupine Tree - Trains

btw I think I just saw Lopez browsing the forums (martin 78), haha.

rissy said:
Are you sure? :err:
Yeah I snapped a pic: :lol:
omgomglopez5sr.jpg

Oh well nothing to obsess over. Nice to know they still check on us every now and then :)

NP: Mozart's don giovanni

FAQ: "Martin Lopez also used to post here under the alias 'martin78' ."
But Martin 78's profile says that his homesite is opeth.com and that he plays drums.
Whatever, this is useless.

Ayreon - Day Eight: School