Now Playing Thread

season.jpg

This album is simply a masterpiece. It transmits such an eerie/depressing vibe, there are only a handful of other songs I know that come close to this. Such immense emotion. I was especially blown away by Strand's sense of timing - he knows exactly where to get heavy and use his deep, impressive growl and where he needs to go more acoustic and soothing, just like a doom metal Åkerfeldt.
I can't wait for his next effort.

This album is simply a masterpiece. It transmits such an eerie/depressing vibe, there are only a handful of other songs I know that come close to this. Such immense emotion. I was especially blown away by Strand's sense of timing - he knows exactly where to get heavy and use his deep, impressive growl and where he needs to go more acoustic and soothing, just like a doom metal Åkerfeldt.

Couldn't agree more, what an awesome record that is.

np: Opeth - By The Pain I See In Others

season.jpg

man, i just gave them a spin... amazing. thanks!