Now Playing Thread

OGM said:
cover_d1.jpg

Fuck YES!!! Blut Aus Nord are the shit! The 'Thematic Emanation of Archetypal Multiplicity' EP has been kicking my ass ever since I heard it. Recently wrote a review about it too, which should be featured on Nick's 'Northern Shadows' magazine.

moonlapse said:
Fuck YES!!! Blut Aus Nord are the shit! The 'Thematic Emanation of Archetypal Multiplicity' EP has been kicking my ass ever since I heard it. Recently wrote a review about it too, which should be featured on Nick's 'Northern Shadows' magazine.

ive heard the first song on that cd "the choir of the dead"

im definetly ordering this sometime this weekend. Its incredible.

Man, just wait till you hear 'Procession of the dead clowns'. I think I had that on repeat for about a week straight. I love that sort of minimalistic, doomy, industrial metal stuff. The recent EP is full of it.

Yea, the american version of the work which transforms god also includes their new EP (sweet)

i heard somewhere that they use fretless guitars - anyone know if its true? (sounds like it anyway)

i never heard blut aus nord, but i'll check them out. i already like them because at first glance, from a perverted mind they're actually "butt anus lord." anyway, which album should i check out first?

np: death - scream bloody gore
soon to be np: ulver - bergtatt

deliverance said:

you win the NP battle

also, blut aus nord means blood of the north i believe. I havn't heard it, but from reviews and such the first album to check out is "the work which transforms god"

deliverance said:
i never heard blut aus nord, but i'll check them out. i already like them because at first glance, from a perverted mind they're actually "butt anus lord." anyway, which album should i check out first?

It would depend what sort of metal you appreciate more.

If you're really into a big doomy industrial sound, check out the EP 'Thematic Emanations...', if you like really harsh minimalistic black metal mixed with industrial then get 'The work which transforms god'.

I haven't heard any of their older stuff, but apparently the black metal on it was top notch.

np: a video of "in the mist she was standing"...from 1996...holy shit this is funny

i think ive seen the same one. They play in mist she was standing, advent, then forest of october

check out mikael's amp fucking up in the beginning of advent and them starting all over
:lol:

Pseud0 said:
check out mikael's amp fucking up in the beginning of advent and them starting all over
:lol:
Yeah. That is funny shit. :lol:
btw: do they use RR guitars these days? Haven't seen a pic of them playing live with those in a while.

Moonlapse said:

I hate Blut Aus Nord's damn website! :yuk:

I can't stand these artsy-fartsy fucking websites. If you want to make a cutsie artsy coffee table book, then make one but don't put that on your band's damn website. When I go to a band's website I expect to see info on the band, quick and efficient.