Now Playing Thread

o5720fy1.jpg

I've heard that from a few people, was actually thinking today I should spin Fragile. Will probably do it tonight.

Shostakovich- Leonard Bernstein; New York Philharmonic Orchestra- 5th Symphony, then Richard Wagner- Preludes and Overtures.

^bernstein's shostakovich 5th is absolutely amazing, it's one of the cds that got me into classical music in the first place

9th is okay. it's got nothing on the 5th

edit: yo just today i found an amazing cd, prokofiev & shostakovich violin concertos #1 by maxim vengerov and mstislav rostropovich, fact is you need to listen to it asap. i'll pm you a download link if you don't already have it

Yes the 5th is without question better. On quite a classical binge atm. I found heaps of classical cds and my grandparents house and ripped them all to my pc. Plus bought a rapidshare account and have been raping classical blogs getting what I didn't have.

9th is okay. it's got nothing on the 5th

edit: yo just today i found an amazing cd, prokofiev & shostakovich violin concertos #1 by maxim vengerov and mstislav rostropovich, fact is you need to listen to it asap. i'll pm you a download link if you don't already have it
Don't have it, that would be awesome, cheers.

lol i sent you a pm, they have that shit somewhere on there, fact is i'm a little drunk at the moment and i'm feeling very cheesy and generous