Now Playing Thread

spent the last few days listening to these

0009388bmediumqw6.jpg

john eliot gardiner owns for classical and baroque music, i haven't heard his beethoven symphonies but everything i've heard by him is amazing

his recording of the missa solemnis = period

john eliot gardiner owns for classical and baroque music, i haven't heard his beethoven symphonies but everything i've heard by him is amazing

his recording of the missa solemnis = period

His Beethoven symphonies are quite interesting, they are really different than the rest. I must confess though, that I like Karajan symphony collection better.

It's funny that you mention Missa solemnis I just found it yesterday in my record collection (didn't know I had it) can't remember the version but the music was simply awe inspiring. I really like Beethoven but this piece of church music one of his best works. (I must get Gardiner's version)

ugh i really don't like the karajan beethoven symphonies. they are by far the most popular and i can't understand why. the best complete "cycle" that i've found is the one by niklaus harnoncourt, but it isn't perfect. your best bet imo is to go for individual "classic" recordings of the different symphones, i mean different conductors were known for dominating certain ones but not others

Jep I know. Karajan is not perfect but it is really heavy, less feeling and more power. I don't know harnoncourt maybe I should get it. Some of my favourites are; Furtwängler's version of the 9th, Bernstein 6th and I think it is the 3nd from Toscanini.

My favourite classical piece is Beethoven's 4th piano concert.

^lol this guy probably puts so much thought into which color he types each album in, what a pathetic waste of consciousness