Now Playing Thread

biggsy said:
One of my favourite albums:kickass:

np: alchemist - alpha cappella nova vega

an australian band im trying to get into. pretty average but ill give it some more spins to check it out deeper.

Haha, I'm actually listening to Altered Course again, I have an Isis playlist on random right now. But yes, one of my all time favorites for sure. I've actually gotten back into it a lot lately. Have you heard the new album?

thechoiceofspiritcdoz4.jpg

biggsy said:
i havent! im going to down to melbourne next weekend so i think i might visit one of the metal shops and pick it up. whats it like?

Doesn't come out till Halloween, but its amazing. Not so much of the build up stuff like on Panopticon but overall it just feels like there was more attention put into the details of each song. Apparently they spent around 8 or 9 months on one of the songs (people are assuming its "Not in Rivers, But in Drops" which makes sense). Definitely takes a good amount of listens to fully take in (as have all their albums for me) but once it hits you its breathtaking. I think its their most interesting album yet.

argh! i might have to just wait, my internets not good enough to dl properly (country area:erk:). i loved that build up stuff on panopticon and especially on the beginning and the end on oceanic but its good to see theyre doing something different. im intrigued!

Id probably compare it more to Oceanic than Panopticon. Its more straightforward in the way Oceanic was, but theres tons more depth to it as well. I guess its a mix of both, with some new stuff thrown in. Aaron's clean vocals are beautiful on this release. He's improved so much. And the drumming is insane. Surprisingly theres even a few intense double bass parts thrown in.

Scourge of Malice said:
Id probably compare it more to Oceanic than Panopticon. Its more straightforward in the way Oceanic was, but theres tons more depth to it as well. I guess its a mix of both, with some new stuff thrown in. Aaron's clean vocals are beautiful on this release. He's improved so much. And the drumming is insane. Surprisingly theres even a few intense double bass parts thrown in.

The drumming is always insane I reckon. I just love it! The sound of Aaron's snare is incredible. I might just download one song I think, even if it takes me a good hour:p

biggsy said:
The drumming is always insane I reckon. I just love it! The sound of Aaron's snare is incredible. I might just download one song I think, even if it takes me a good hour:p

You'll be very impressed with the drumming on the new one, its way ahead of the other albums. Check their myspace, they have one song "Dulcinea" up from the new album. Its great. www.myspace.com/sgnl05

NP: Explosions in the Sky "First Breath After Coma"

Haven't listened to these guys in a long time.