Now Playing Thread

00093e39medium.jpg

Basically, a playlist consisting of six Therion albums. I've been particularly infatuated with this band for the last couple of weeks, and now I listen to them pretty much all the time. When I take the train, when I'm on the bus, when I'm working, even when I'm going to sleep (which I am right now).

Have a great symphonic night.

NP - Therion - Abraxas

Basically, a playlist consisting of six Therion albums. I've been particularly infatuated with this band for the last couple of weeks, and now I listen to them pretty much all the time. When I take the train, when I'm on the bus, when I'm working, even when I'm going to sleep (which I am right now).

Have a great symphonic night.

NP - Therion - Abraxas

only heard theli, suggest me another good cd!

only heard theli, suggest me another good cd!
Well, most of them are!
I suggest you grab Lemuria/Sirius B (released at the same time), immensely stunning music.
Secret of the Runes is a bit heavier, but amazing nonetheless.
Vovin, of course, is their more laid-back, but very moving album.
Deggial is also very good, though not as good as the others.
Gothic Kabbalah is a bit more of a kitschy album, but it's still a very good progressive metal experience. It's very dramatic. Think of it as a heavy metal musical. Adulruna Rediviva, the last song on this album, is one of the band's best. It's also almost 14 minutes long!

If you're into death metal, check out ...Of Darkness and Beyond Sancturum. There's also Symphony Masses: Ho Drakon Ho Megas. It's their ebst DM album imo, but it's more melodic and symphonic than their first two.

Whatever you do - do NOT get Crown of Atlantis. It's got a very nice alternative version of Clavicula Nox off Vovin, but other than that it's totally worthless.

I'd basically recommend their entire discography, but start with the more symphonic albums, Sirius B, Lemuria and Vovin. Then go from there and you'll be hooked.