Now playing thread

Opeth-In Mist She Was Standing,

btw, Pale-Folklore, I find it pretty cool that you like Tortoise, they're pretty sick, I only know them cause my brother is a huge fan. TNT is a wicked album.

that is an awesome song (opeth). YEAHH, i agree. i own TNT and Standards and have Millions Now Living Will Never Die on my computer, all three of them are pretty great albums.

np: drive like jehu - if it kills you

solitudeaeturnus_intothedepthsofsor.jpg

solefald03_gr.jpg

SOLEFALD - "In Harmonia Universali"

I kind of forgot this album existed, but it's totally kicking my ass again right now! btw - for those who don't know, this is the Solefald album with the most classical / symphonic elements, with walls of huge vocal choruses courtesy of Lazarre (Lars Nedland from Borknagar).

+ The quality of this album might help my case in convincing Jessica to start trying out some huge church/pipe organ sounds in the new Woods doom songs. :) What they do here works so, so well!!!

Oh man, Solefald what a cool band. First time I heard 'Neonism' (1999) I was pretty confused, didn't know what to think about it, it's quite 'avant-garde' with weird lyrics. Norwegian singing in french (on Omnipolis), could believed my ears...

You can get that avant-garde weirdness these days with 'Unexpect - In a flesh aquarium', highly recommended.

Anyone here listen to instrumental music? Be it guitar stuff like Jason Becker or Buckethead and more new age type stuff like Mike Oldfield or Kitaro. I've had a massive hard on for this stuff lately, but nobody ever mentions this stuff. Mike Oldfield did Tubular Bells, the theme to The Exorcist, also on the Possessed song with the same name, so I'm sure everyone has at least heard a small bit of him. As for what I'm listening to, Feliz Navidad by God only knows, I just keep rolling over some icon on All Music.

Tubular Bells is huge! :) I also like "To France", but that's not instrumental and written by/together with his sister Sally, I think...

Woods of Ypres - The Sun was in my Eyes: Part Doom