Now playing thread

Paradise Lost - Tragic Idol.... first spin, no high hopes.

Was hearing a lot of good things about this album...haven't had any desire to check it out yet with how much material i've been in love with so far this year. But hey, I did the same thing with High on Fire's latest and...when I finally checked it out I could of cared less about it. Hype machines can be silly in the interwebz.

^Yeah, but your musical interests defy all logic...usually when I read that you thought something was 'meh,' it's a pretty good indicator that the material was awesome :lol:

Blaze Of Perdition - Gospel Of The Serpent's Kin

Officium Triste is one of those oldie doom bands I need to hear more of, but I'm so mired in shit I've downloaded and haven't heard that I haven't gotten around to it yet. Also, I'm not a fan of the newer Paradise Lost in general, so I probably wouldn't like Tragic Idol anyway....not enough wank for my crazy American sensibilities.

Blaze Of Perdition - I Am Thy Plague

Yeah, Officium Triste is very good. Especially "The Silent Witness" and "On The Crossroad of Souls", hits my doom nerve. If you don't like "In Requiem" and/or "Faith Divides Us.." you won't like Tragic Idol, the sound is fairly similar.

mp3: Officium Triste - Inside The Mind <01:38/08:47>