Now playing thread

Was about to see them last summer (Roskilde) but glad I didn't cause it seemed like Chino had 800 beers that time haha :D

Yeah...Chino can be very hit-or-miss live. He did some damage to his throat many years ago and it doesn't seem like he ever really recovered. (Obviously, the drunk shows aren't helping either.) As much as I love catching his various bands live, I wouldn't mind if those shows started to become a bit more select and they became more of a studio band. Moar music, pls.

Stop seeing bands I wanna see live ffs :)

Hell no. In fact, I'm making it a goal to see all of the bands you wanna see. :) (Honestly, going to shows is pretty much all I do outside of work. It's a fairly dull life, but I'm okay with that.)

And I agree about 1994, epic song :) Just cool to hear his vocals in that environment overall without all the straining. I like the straining too but his voice is just so cool in Crosses, and Palms too ofc :)

Agreed. Crosses seem to be getting received well so here's to hoping they makes it over to Scandinavia so they can play 1994 jus 4 u. :)

- - -

Peste Noire - Amour Ne M'amoit Ne Je Li

Yeah...Chino can be very hit-or-miss live. He did some damage to his throat many years ago and it doesn't seem like he ever really recovered. (Obviously, the drunk shows aren't helping either.) As much as I love catching his various bands live, I wouldn't mind if those shows started to become a bit more select and they became more of a studio band. Moar music, pls.

Hell no. In fact, I'm making it a goal to see all of the bands you wanna see. :) (Honestly, going to shows is pretty much all I do outside of work. It's a fairly dull life, but I'm okay with that.)

Agreed. Crosses seem to be getting received well so here's to hoping they makes it over to Scandinavia so they can play 1994 jus 4 u. :)

- - -

Peste Noire - Amour Ne M'amoit Ne Je Li

His voice does still sound good but that strain remains there. Must also be a nightmare to mix his shit live since he goes from 1 to 10 in volume constantly :lol: And yeah, one album a year per band plxz!

A Crosses show could probably be even cooler since he seems more focused doing those show than the Deftones stuff. Is Team Sleep any good btw?

Soulsavers - Death Bells

Team Sleep any good btw?

Short answer: Yes. Go listen to the demos of Death by Plane and Natalie Portman (re-recorded as "Live from the Stage" on the self-titled album) and feel your heart breaking.

Longer answer: Team Sleep is a really good project, but it's been tough being a T.S. fan. Back in 2000, the group formed, started playing shows, and mostly finished recording an album. Said album ended up leaking and it caused a big rift with both the band and the label, so they essentially shelved the project for about five years before coming out with the self-titled album. This release was in between Deftones' self-titled album and Saturday Night Wrist, and Chino's health & voice were not in great shape. So, the songs on the album were good, but it didn't quite capture the beauty found in those initial recordings. They've since put out quite a few excellent sounding instrumentals and recorded a second album, which should be released sometime in the near future.

Short answer: Yes. Go listen to the demos of Death by Plane and Natalie Portman (re-recorded as "Live from the Stage" on the self-titled album) and feel your heart breaking.

Longer answer: Team Sleep is a really good project, but it's been tough being a T.S. fan. Back in 2000, the group formed, started playing shows, and mostly finished recording an album. Said album ended up leaking and it caused a big rift with both the band and the label, so they essentially shelved the project for about five years before coming out with the self-titled album. This release was in between Deftones' self-titled album and Saturday Night Wrist, and Chino's health & voice were not in great shape. So, the songs on the album were good, but it didn't quite capture the beauty found in those initial recordings. They've since put out quite a few excellent sounding instrumentals and recorded a second album, which should be released sometime in the near future.

Hmm.. download and checking it out :) We will see :)