Now playing thread

Like quite a few tracks on Koi No Yokan, Goon Squad is one of those Deftones songs that I felt was so close to being really good...but ended up missing the mark. (The sampled inhales don't help.)

Oh well. I'm still really excited for the next record.

- - -

Enslaved - Thurisaz Dreaming

I love Deftones and Chino in particular. They really have a style of their own with the whole psychadelia and jamming going on, especially on the newer stuff. Do you like Crosses?

I love Deftones and Chino in particular. They really have a style of their own with the whole psychadelia and jamming going on, especially on the newer stuff. Do you like Crosses?

They sure do. I've been a fan for about sixteen years now and have been lucky enough to catch them live several times.

As for Crosses, some of their poppier stuff doesn't grab me (e.g. Blk Stallion), but the I dig a lot of what they've done. (Nineteen Ninety Four, for example, is so good.) Also a great live band. Chuck Doom's faces are alone worth the price of admission.

They sure do. I've been a fan for about sixteen years now and have been lucky enough to catch them live several times.

As for Crosses, some of their poppier stuff doesn't grab me (e.g. Blk Stallion), but the I dig a lot of what they've done. (Nineteen Ninety Four, for example, is so good.) Also a great live band. Chuck Doom's faces are alone worth the price of admission.

I hope I can sometime. I started liking Sextape and a few more songs like two years ago but took me a while to really get it. Was about to see them last summer (Roskilde) but glad I didn't cause it seemed like Chino had 800 beers that time haha :D

Stop seeing bands I wanna see live ffs :) And I agree about 1994, epic song :) Just cool to hear his vocals in that environment overall without all the straining. I like the straining too but his voice is just so cool in Crosses, and Palms too ofc :)