Now playing thread

I didn't watch the live stream, but I was in a record store yesterday to pick up a cd I had ordered and I saw Dead Air there, couldn't just leave it :) I love the sound, the songs sound great. Kind of revived my Katatonia-love :)

Now playing: Katatonia - The Itch, listening to the album (TGCD) over my headphones, awesome!

Oh and Slumber <3 <3 <3 that album is one of those ultra rare gems, just like Rapture's Futile, utter doom/death perfection.

We watched the stream over at Stefan's place with some friends, almost got you into a concert feeling, haha :D

The Itch is a pretty underrated track imo! Love the way they used a few screams here and there on TGCD, they should do that sometimes again imo.

Fallout is pretty much a perfect album imo, can just listen through it no problem any time.

Reactions: MadTinus
We watched the stream over at Stefan's place with some friends, almost got you into a concert feeling, haha :D

The Itch is a pretty underrated track imo! Love the way they used a few screams here and there on TGCD, they should do that sometimes again imo.

Fallout is pretty much a perfect album imo, can just listen through it no problem any time.
Sounds like fun! How was the quality of the stream? Was it steady? Because I read Dark Tranquillity's live stream concert last Saturday was plagued by some technical issues which affected the stream. I watched the Green Carnation live stream earlier this year, it was really good. More bands who do live streams should do more with the recordings, it's a waste to just archive it when the stream is over.

And yes, The Itch is really good, I love that moody instrumental part in the 2nd half of the song. Many songs on the album revealed new layers and details to me when I listened on my headphones. It showed I wasn't doing a lot of music proper justice with my old equipment.. :eek: Really cool how you can re-discover music that way that you thought you knew through and through already.

Agreed on Fallout, absolutely incredible album, each riff and melody is a straight bullseye hit. I have the same feeling with Rapture's Futile <3

NP: Katatonia - Fractured (the bonus instrumental part)

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkGift
Sounds like fun! How was the quality of the stream? Was it steady? Because I read Dark Tranquillity's live stream concert last Saturday was plagued by some technical issues which affected the stream. I watched the Green Carnation live stream earlier this year, it was really good. More bands who do live streams should do more with the recordings, it's a waste to just archive it when the stream is over.

And yes, The Itch is really good, I love that moody instrumental part in the 2nd half of the song. Many songs on the album revealed new layers and details to me when I listened on my headphones. It showed I wasn't doing a lot music proper justice with my old equipment.. :eek: Really cool how you can re-discover music that way that you thought you knew through and through already.

Agreed on Fallout, absolutely incredible album, each riff and melody is a straight bullseye hit. I have the same feeling with Rapture's Futile <3

NP: Katatonia - Fractured (the bonus instrumental part)

There were not technical problems with the stream that I recall, just some microphone issues.

I love discovering new stuff in music I've been listening to for years, makes to appreciate the songs and musicians even more!

Reactions: MadTinus