Now playing thread

Ugh, so good.

I'm sure I've said this before (either here or the old Opeth forum), but I was at show a few days later in Worcester, and it's probably my favorite Opeth concert to date—in my top three, for sure. Getting to see "April Ethereal", "The Moor", and "Blackwater Park" in one show was a welcome mindfuck. (Actually just saw them this past weekend over in England—traveled over for the ArcTanGent festival, which was excellent—and they can still put on a good show, even though the setlist leaves a lot to be desired.)

Triumvir Foul – Presage

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkGift and rj rl
Haha, so powerful!

NP: Within da Fall - Harbour of Souls

First impression is a good one! I hear a fire and conviction which I thought often lacked in earlier output. Any plans for a new full-length? Or will you stick to singles and EPs :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkGift
Haha, so powerful!

NP: Within da Fall - Harbour of Souls

First impression is a good one! I hear a fire and conviction which I thought often lacked in earlier output. Any plans for a new full-length? Or will you stick to singles and EP's :)

Thanks, glad you like! :)
We will probably stick to singles and EPs, to be able to keep a more consistent output. We all love albums as much as the next guy, but the truth is that releasing an album these days gives you a bit of buzz for about two weeks (unless you're already a big act), and then it's back to normal again. Being a small band, it's more important to be seen more often I think!

Nothing's set in stone though, so we'll just have to see.

Reactions: MadTinus
^Saw that earlier, very sad.
Crazy thing as well, is that the guitarist in Within the Fall is also called David Andersson, and they look a bit similar as well, so I did a double take when I saw the news.
Yeah, didn't see that coming at all. He def was the driving force behind the 'revival' of the band starting with the The Living Infinite double album. Wrote countless unforgettable melodies.

Yes and that must have been weird with your guitar player carrying the same name. I hope your David Andersson is OK! :)

Reactions: DarkGift