Now playing thread

Lindstrand is definitely the best "clean" growler if you know how I mean, but he doesn't beat the best real growlers I think. I'm so happy Crown redid Crowned In Terror without those horrible At The Gates vocs before they quit.

I know what you mean!

I agree with you on that too, I hate Crowned In Terror. I think everything about that album is awful.

On the subject of Morbid Angel's vocals, I only have Altars of Madness and while I love that album, it's the vocals that I dislike. I'm unsure who did the vocals there though so I don't really know whos vocals I dislike. Perhaps they're better on other MA records?

On the subject of Morbid Angel's vocals, I only have Altars of Madness and while I love that album, it's the vocals that I dislike. I'm unsure who did the vocals there though so I don't really know whos vocals I dislike. Perhaps they're better on other MA records?

Then maybe you shouldn't be generalizing and saying that their vocals have always been their downfall....;)

Check out domination, then the others, and I think your opinion will change

NP: Morbid Angel - Chapel of Ghouls

He does have a bit of a strange, almost whispering vocal style there, which is quite different from what he did on later albums, so not really representative for his vocals overal. So yeah, what Flal said, Domination is a good start I guess, especially for the vocals. You'll recognise where Akerfeldt got his inspiration from for BB's last 2 releases.

And more importantly, it has feel and musicality! It's not just fast for the sake of being fast.

its an over all amazing brutal death metal album/band
origin and krisiun are my favourite brutal death metal bands