Now playing thread

It was quite random I'd say. I was on my way to work when I suddenly began to notice something was very wrong. After two days my hearing was completely gone. I freaked out.
So I began to do some research and found out that ticks can cause deafness. And I was bitten by a multiple ticks the week before so I was just assuming I had lymes. But the docs kept saying it's not lymes, even though I had loads of other lymes symptoms.

No, actually, my hearing dissapeared completely from my right ear. It was pretty terrifying. I also began to suffer from vertigo and nausea and all kinds of weird shit.
I really want to believe it was due to being bitten by a tick from which I think I got lymes disease. But the doctors told me the testresults were negative. LIARS!

My hearing did come back gradually, but it's still not as it used to be, it rings pretty loud and I can't always hear what some people say. Hopefully i will recover.

i have tinitus, and have for about 3 years now

It was quite random I'd say. I was on my way to work when I suddenly began to notice something was very wrong. After two days my hearing was completely gone. I freaked out.
So I began to do some research and found out that ticks can cause deafness. And I was bitten by a multiple ticks the week before so I was just assuming I had lymes. But the docs kept saying it's not lymes, even though I had loads of other lymes symptoms.

Hmm, really weird. I've had some deafness due to my ears being blocked up but not for that kinda reason. But it's at least coming back now?

tinitus is a pain in the arse, when i go to bed at night i need the fan on so it can drown out the constant ringing

That sucks man, what caused it? You play in a band and rehearse(d) without earplugs? Go to a lot of gigs without earplugs?

After like one of the first gigs I ever went to, I immediately bought earplugs and wear them pretty much always when I go to gigs. It's so much more comfortable lying in bed after a gig and not have this ring in my ears. I even bring them to the pub/bar sometimes and wear them when the music's too loud. Also my hearing is simply waaaay too important to me to be careless with it. I'd go nuts if I wouldn't be able to listen to music anymore, it's one of the greatest joys in my life.

NP: Edge of Sanity - Infernal

Now I'm definitely buying earplugs heh. Hope it gets better!

I did a test of how differently I can hear from each ear and there was little diff at all frequencies.

What I do risk my hearing with is my mp3 player, but I never listen to it too loudly, I have one of those canalphones from Sony.

my tinitus wont get better....ever
my grandmother had it and she got it at 50-ish, i got mine when i was 15

np: theory in practice - shapeshifter