NOW PLAYING thread

Suffocation is bad for your health. 9 out of 10 doctors agree.

Opethz - The Drapery Falls

Suffocation was good, then I found Incantation and realized there is no real reason to ever listen to Suffocation..and now we have Dead Congregation so definitely, fuck that.

non-doom Katatonia > Suffocation

Coming from a whining faggot like me that should mean a lot, you're all welcome.

Mmk well yea I usually listen to Effigy so w/e. I don't really care about "old school values" whatever those are (well maybe I do, since I really have no idea what they are), I just prefer Incantation and Dead Congregation and, to a lesser extent, Immolation (I hate that I can understand the lyrics perfectly on Close to a World Below since they're so dumb) because they actually seem to have atmosphere to me. Suffocation would probably win for riffs over Incantation/Immolation but I prefer death metal that actually sounds evil. Hence me liking blackened shit like Grave Miasma or Teitanblood a lot too.

But I'm sorry, the riffs through Dead Congregation's whole discography still rape all the competition [/fanboy].

Nah. Dead Congregation is more messy and oldschool to me. I'm really there for riffs/aggression rather than the oldschool values that usually makes everyone masturbate over Incantation.

Well I for one enjoy a little suffocation with my masturbation.

Opeth - Bleak

Mmk well yea I usually listen to Effigy so w/e. I don't really care about "old school values" whatever those are (well maybe I do, since I really have no idea what they are), I just prefer Incantation and Dead Congregation and, to a lesser extent, Immolation (I hate that I can understand the lyrics perfectly on Close to a World Below since they're so dumb) because they actually seem to have atmosphere to me. Suffocation would probably win for riffs over Incantation/Immolation but I prefer death metal that actually sounds evil. Hence me liking blackened shit like Grave Miasma or Teitanblood a lot too.

But I'm sorry, the riffs through Dead Congregation's whole discography still rape all the competition [/fanboy].

Ah, okay. I dunno. I thought the Dead Congregation disc did absolutely nothing for me despite trying it a lot. I am more a riff/hooks/songwriting kinda guy than evil though. Evil usually just means an excuse to spam endless boring power chords, at least in swedish newer oldschool death ;P Suffo > Immolation > Incantation > DC I'd say. hah. Reversal :p

mp3: October Tide - October Insight <00:52/05:01>