Now Playing!!!

I am currently listening to Kalmah's Swamplord album! I FINALLY found it! I have been looking for this album for about a year now, without any luck and today I went to a mall I have ever been ...and they had it! It was the only Kalmah CD there and now it is mine! I am quite excited and happy about this!! :D

By the way, the song Withering Away is playing right now.

I LOVE this band. I never understand why Mike Amott got 'famous' through Carcass and Arch Enemy ...his work in Spiritual Beggars is the best (IMO :))

I am listening to my new CD: Warmen's Beyond Abilities. It is killer! War Of Worlds is on right now, but when the CD is over I have no choice but to listen to Salieri Strikes Back again :D

Oaken: ...it's supposed to be that way...that's why it's called "Grindcore" :) I guess you could like their last two releases...

Nico16 wrote: I never understand why Mike Amott got 'famous' through Carcass and Arch Enemy
Talking about Arch Enemy, I finally downloaded some songs just out of interest. The music is really, really okey, but for fuck's sake, how can such a terrible voice come out of such a beautiful woman?! :lol:

Moony said:
Talking about Arch Enemy, I finally downloaded some songs just out of interest. Okey, the music is really, really okey, but for fuck's sake, how can such a terrible voice come out of such a beautiful woman?! :lol:
Yup, Arch Enemy is good...but they're moving away from my tastes with their style...they got slower and slower with each album: The first two albums had blast beats, Burning Bridges (the 3rd album) still had standard death/thrash drumming... and then on W.o.S. they're still fast and heavy, but it's more like Power/Melodic Metal with death vocals on it... I wonder how the new album turned out.

The band deserved far more respect in the early days...they should've been at least as famous as In Flames, but unfortunately people only seem to get interested in bands if they've got a chick as a singer. I bet lots of Arch Enemy fans wouldn't give a flying f*ck about their band, if Johan (Liiva) was still the vocalist, and IMO that's a goddamn shame. At least the Japanese showed that they've got a clue and actually care about the _music_...

Well, maybe you should check out the band "Hearse" - it's one of the new bands of the old Arch Enemy singer...they're like the early Arch Enemy ...really good stuff. He's got another band called NonExist, but it isn't as good as Hearse.

P.S.: I'm glad that the new Amaran album is way heavier than AWD...that's the right way :)

Nico16 said:
Yup, Arch Enemy is good...but they're moving away from my tastes with their style...they got slower and slower with each album: The first two albums had blast beats, Burning Bridges (the 3rd album) still had standard death/thrash drumming... and then on W.o.S. they're still fast and heavy, but it's more like Power/Melodic Metal with death vocals on it... I wonder how the new album turned out.

Their newest Anthems Of Rebellion is like Wage of sin. Almost a clone but with a couple of numetalish riff sometime but still a good album. if you've like W.O.S. you should at least check out A.O.R.