Now Playing

My first convert!

Best song on the album, in my opinion. The "Satan has come again" part is just incredible.

Followed just behind that has to be Formaldehyde. I love the organ bit towards the end a whole lot.

NP: Phideaux - Doomsday Afternoon:Spin:

I agree 100%. That was the first song I really noticed with the "Innocent, it could go either way - Satan has come again" part. And by saying I 100% agree, I also agree with Formaldehyde being 2nd best. But it's an awesome album, every track is perfect. I really like Crumble also (being played live below @ 0:30):

^Sends shivers down my spine

If I were to check out another of their albums which would you recommend?

Last edited by a moderator:
I lived in Pittsburgh most of my life and it wasn't until literally two weeks after I moved that they decided to hold 3RPF. Shit, I was even friends with the guy who set it up! He was the North American tour manager for The Flower Kings.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Anyway, I highly recommend his newest album Number Seven. I haven't had that much time to warm up to it, but I can say that it is just as polished as Doomsday Afternoon. His earlier albums are still dark, which I like in my music, but they don't seem as developed as the most recent two.

Ensiferum - Heathen Throne

So far this is a fucking let down but I still expect Jari-era stuff from these guys. Guess I have my exceptions way too high. It's not like the one before this one was very good either.
I WANT TIME!!!

King Crimson - 21st Century Schizoid Man

Love the bass part during the saxaphone riffs.

Riverside - Beyond the eyelids
Wow first time I heard this and liked it alot I have been checking out other songs of theres , is this the album i should get ? Rapid eye movement i think it was from?

Gamma Ray - Lust for Life

I imagine Gamma Ray is one of the most entertaining bands to play in on this planet.

^_________________________^

I love this album so much...it's everything power metal should be - energetic, refreshing, technical but not arcane, and most importantly, totally free of irony.