Now Playing

The first song is terrible. IGNORE it.

Okay, I will. :lol: I'm just gonna wait til it's out in the US, though, not much for importing and pirating and all that.

Edit: NVM, Got it now! And because I was supposed to see them in San Diego but they cancelled (hope Khan gets better)...I'm gonna write a whole response to get the energy out!

1 - Kind of funny, lots of bells/whistles, not awful, already more intense drums/guitars than anything on Ghost Opera, vocals are less forced but melody is weak

2 - Hate the intro :/, gotta love Khan's voice at the start, just wish he was singing better music with it, one sort of awkward transition, again melody is very weak, and a little too much distortion for my tastes. Nice little solo, wish it went on longer. Awkward outro.

3 - Not much to say, voice is a little funny.

4 - Better intro, nice buildup, still not liking all the toys Khan's voice is being run through (and his accent is more apparent when he talks, lol), starts to sound more like a Ghost Opera filer song but quieter

5 - Weird video game power metal riff...again, seems like there's barely any vocal melody in this album :/ not bad at the end of the chorus there actually. Double bass drum is annoying. Solo is pretty enjoyable! Needs more like that.

6 - Finally some melody in the verse. Chorus is forced, a couple good moments like the shift to the acoustic guitar, but overall I'm sick of stock duet power ballads.

7 - I like the ominous feel of the drums and guitar...but again I feel like Khan is shaping up to be the weakest part of this album. :/ I wish Youngblood would solo longer. Not as good as the Manilla Road song.

8 - Not a fan of the pun. Holy shit, finally some Khan, that's more like it. Well, it's hit and miss, but still. I like that the chorus is a little more toned down.

9 - Beginning is good, turns into filler.

10-13 (Guess I'll count them as one) - More chances for Khan to sing. Melody still feels weak, and it sounds like he has a cold or something. Female vocals seem more appropriate. Again wish the instrumental at the beginning of Pt III went on longer. Outro is my favorite part of the album so far. It was alright, I guess...felt like it was held together with scotch tape though.

14 - Nothing to say.

I'm probably not going to listen to it again. I guess we disagree this time, Prismatic, I didn't like it.

^Fair enough Postulate.

Interestingly enough, I don't find myself playing it all that much. I guess when I first heard it, I was stacking it against those other albums above which I disagreed with. I guess I like the latter half of the album more because I was so desperate for some decent vocal melodies. No matter though. The new Labyrinth blows it away and is still my fav of the year.

The new Glass Hammer "If" is somewhat good though, surreal even.

NP: Quiet Sun - Sol Caliente :yow::yow:

^Fair enough Postulate.

Interestingly enough, I don't find myself playing it all that much. I guess when I first heard it, I was stacking it against those other albums above which I disagreed with. I guess I like the latter half of the album more because I was so desperate for some decent vocal melodies. No matter though. The new Labyrinth blows it away and is still my fav of the year.

The new Glass Hammer "If" is somewhat good though, surreal even.

NP: Quiet Sun - Sol Caliente :yow::yow:

I know you're going to hate me for this, but I actually liked the first track best, I think. It reminded me of a long-lost era where Kamelot had guitar solos. :D Though I might like the title track is I listened to it again and paid more attention.

I know you're going to hate me for this, but I actually liked the first track best, I think. It reminded me of a long-lost era where Kamelot had guitar solos. :D Though I might like the title track is I listened to it again and paid more attention.

No, not at all. I just really hate the shadowed, almost nu-grunge vocals on Track 1 and I found it an insult as I thought you would.

But hate you, no. Of the non Generation X posters on this board, I trust your taste more than most.

Btw, Quiet Sun is a prog rock lover's delight. Have you heard it?

No, not at all. I just really hate the shadowed, almost nu-grunge vocals on Track 1 and I found it an insult as I thought you would.

But hate you, no. Of the non Generation X posters on this board, I trust your taste more than most.

Btw, Quiet Sun is a prog rock lover's delight. Have you heard it?

I haven't - I'll try it our for sure next time I get a chance (along with the new Glass Hammer).

As for the vocals on that Kamelot track, I don't know, it just doesn't make me mad. I think my ears are broken from listening to RIO for the past two weeks.

Fates Warning - River wide ocean deep

Definitely a fine song. A perfect example of how metal can still be progressive in every sense of the word.

NP: Yes - Sound Chaser :popcorn: