Now Playing

I'm just listening Kingcrow's "In crescendo",I've got no words to describe how great it is.Check it out please and tell me if is not worth getting at the top
of the best in 2013

IQ - The Enemy Smacks

IQ released a remaster of their debut album. While the production is definitely better, it only goes to show that there are some technical problems on this album with the playing, not just the sound quality. Very ambitious, quality release, but extremely rough around the edges playing-wise.

you're great,I've got a vinil copy of "Tales from the lush attic" and is one of my best rarities,I would never sell it.All the mini album is great, and I was lucky to
see "Enemy smacks" and "Last human gateway "live ,along with the classic "Awake and nervous". If you don't have this cd,you don't know what is prog
or new prog ,absolutely a masterpiece that very soon will be re released with
bonus cd and tracks ,you can buy it at band's site

you're great,I've got a vinil copy of "Tales from the lush attic" and is one of my best rarities,I would never sell it.All the mini album is great, and I was lucky to
see "Enemy smacks" and "Last human gateway "live ,along with the classic "Awake and nervous". If you don't have this cd,you don't know what is prog
or new prog ,absolutely a masterpiece that very soon will be re released with
bonus cd and tracks ,you can buy it at band's site

Agreed. Tales is one of those "rough diamonds" - a real classic.

check out nes DGM's "MOmentum" with special guest Russell and Pagan's mind's
guitar player .After Kingcrow,Italy prog metal rules !!!!

It's been a long time since I last listened to the song Time by Alan Parsons Project, and to this day I still find it moving. On the surface, it evokes an apparent placidity, serenity, but to me it conveys a strange feeling of ephemerality, of quiet desperation.
Besides, it brings back such great memories!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I've listened to about half of the latest Threshold album, and I definitely prefer Mac's voice to Damian's. None of the songs on this new album have really jumped out at me so far, either. It's solid, but lacks that special something.

So I've listened to about half of the latest Threshold album, and I definitely prefer Mac's voice to Damian's. None of the songs on this new album have really jumped out at me so far, either. It's solid, but lacks that special something.

Have you heard "Rubicon"? It's the last track (on the original CD, that is). A 10-minute long epic tune, with some really tasty church organ and a great chorus. On the same level as classics like "Pilot in the Sky of Dreams" and "Critical Mass" for me. Atleast almost.

It's the latter half of March of Progress that is really the prize in my opinion. Some good tracks on the first half but songs like Colophon, The Hours, Don't Look Down, and Rubicon are really excellent songs.

Have you heard "Rubicon"? It's the last track (on the original CD, that is). A 10-minute long epic tune, with some really tasty church organ and a great chorus. On the same level as classics like "Pilot in the Sky of Dreams" and "Critical Mass" for me. Atleast almost.

I listened to The Rubicon and liked it.

Damian Wilson looks like Russell Allen here.

Last edited by a moderator:

I haven't had a chance to, but it sounds cool. If it's anything like Ravages of Time, Pilot, or some of their other longer tunes, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

It's the latter half of March of Progress that is really the prize in my opinion. Some good tracks on the first half but songs like Colophon, The Hours, Don't Look Down, and Rubicon are really excellent songs.

I remember Colophon being pretty solid. The others are kind of a blur. The first few tracks in particular felt underwhelming.

just had a listen of new Avantasia's "Mystery of time",apart from the single "Sleepwalking" is a good example of euro hard melodic power rock singed and played very well,check it out