Now Playing

A couple of old friends of mine saw Queensrÿche on the Progressive Nation tour back in 2009 when they were "special guests" of Dream Theater. They said they sounded terrible, and told me never to go see them. I've truthfully never actually listened to them, nor do I have much interest in doing so, but I have found this debacle between the two parties quite amusing to watch.

^--- You need to correct the not listening to them-part asap. Their stuff from the self-titled EP all the way to Promised Land is awesome, especially Mindcrime and The Warning.

Also, those are some pretty messed up laws you've got there, Phanto.

hurry up and check out the new Leprous's song from the upcoming "Coal", if I mistake not is called "cronic",you can listen on insideout site.

I just put on the new Amorphis: Circle.
Amorphis - Shades of Gray

Slightly poppy, but catchy and very Amorphish. Pretty heavy at times. I like it!

Listening to Michael Pinnella's album for the first time in forever.

Having listened to lots of Scriabin, Dvorak, and Schubert lately only makes it sound even better. Romanticism + prog, one-of-a-kind fusion. And all this with the goofy synth sounds that I love more than anything!

Hope he makes another one eventually.

Actually this is not playing at the moment, since I'm at work. BUT it is playing in my head! What an awesome song... :kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just discovered this unsigned American symphonic power metal band called Lorenguard. It isn't doing anything super unique or anything;however, its done really well I think and even gets a tiny bit proggy at some points. One thing I have noticed is the production isn't overproduced or under-produced, sitting at just the right balance to where you can hear all the different instruments clearly. It kind of reminds me of a more proggy/versatile Rhapsody of Fire.

Another cool thing is that the story it covers is supposed to eventually be a trilogy, and each album has/will have a novel that is written by the drummer that corresponds with it. So basically the first album and novel in the trilogy is out now with the second two sets to come later.

You might want to check out the singer's old band, Winterfell - less Rhapsody, more Iced Earth: