Now Playing

I just discovered this unsigned American symphonic power metal band called Lorenguard. It isn't doing anything super unique or anything;however, its done really well I think and even gets a tiny bit proggy at some points. One thing I have noticed is the production isn't overproduced or under-produced, sitting at just the right balance to where you can hear all the different instruments clearly. It kind of reminds me of a more proggy/versatile Rhapsody of Fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arFT6RCwGGY

Another cool thing is that the story it covers is supposed to eventually be a trilogy, and each album has/will have a novel that is written by the drummer that corresponds with it. So basically the first album and novel in the trilogy is out now with the second two sets to come later.

I've known about them since the album came out. The drummer signed himself up on another forum I frequent and came to promote the debut when it first came out. I quite enjoy the album (I love Secrets of the Spire and Dragonsbane especially).

I've heard of Winterfell, but it was quite the number of years ago. Don't even remember if I had even tried listening to any of their stuff back then or not? Also back then I would not have caught on to the Song of Ice and Fire reference in the band name...

Now that I think about it more I remember Winterfell from here. Back some years ago a lot of posters here were really into them.

@UnholyCrusada: Yeah, I remember those two tracks being great; however, I haven't listened through the album enough yet to determine and particular favorites. The only song I remember particularly not caring too much for was the ballad.

Threshold - Ashes

First time listening to Threshold. This man has a voice - WOW! Powerful pipes and a sweet sense of melody.

My favorite Threshold song is actually a pretty terrible song but I like it for some unexplainable reason. The Mansion. Or just Mansion, I can't remember.

EDIT:

Actually not really terrible. Great vocals by Damian.

Last edited by a moderator:
Strangely, the rest of the album was pretty mediocre. For some reason the first track was amazing.

Haken's "The mountain",it grows on me and maybe saturday I'm going to see them in a prog festival in Italy for free.Looks like a good mix of Riverside,gentle giant with elements of prog rock and prog metal,I suggest you to listen it