Now reading:

ohh i`m reading several books atm ...

- Narziss & Goldmund by Hermann Hesse
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl (both english and german)
- The Da'Vinci Code by Dan Brown
- and a book i´m reading all the time cause it has 1000 pages about health, sports and nutrition...

ohh and i have sooo much to read ... when i finished them :|

:loco:

Only stephen king book i ever enjoyed was dreamcatcher. I bought IT afterwards (this was when i was young, btw) and it was a terrible read, SO BORING.

dreaming neon darkspot said:
i read a story of his in a horror anthology i borrowed from someone and never returned ... it's called "Enumerides (sic) in the Fourth Floor Lavatory" and it's a really good and unsettling story. have you ever read it? it's not so much sci-fi as morality play using some really unsettling visuals (ie the "baby" following the guy around)

I have heard of it, but never read it. I will check that one out sometime soon, thanks.

Final_Product said:
Only stephen king book i ever enjoyed was dreamcatcher. I bought IT afterwards (this was when i was young, btw) and it was a terrible read, SO BORING.
SEE THE MOVIE "STEPHEN KING'S IT" BECAUSE THIS IS THE ONLY STEPHEN KING BOOK-MADE-INTO-MOVIE WHERE THE MOVIE WAS ANY GOOD EXCEPT "THE STAND" (WHICH WAS REALLY GREAT) AND EVERYONE SAYS THAT DREAMCATCHER WAS WORSE THAN KING'S OTHER STUFF

Stormrider1981 said:
The IT movie sucked more ass than Boy George in his good days. The Stand and Rose Red were much better. I really don't get why they found it opportune to change the entire storyline for IT.
I DON'T ACTUALLY REMEMBER (THE MOVIE) "IT" I JUST REMEMBER EVERYONE SAYING IT WAS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE EXREME CRAPPINESS OF KING'S OTHER MOVIES AND HOW GOOD THE BOOK WAS

LORD_RED_DRAGON said:
SEE THE MOVIE "STEPHEN KING'S IT" BECAUSE THIS IS THE ONLY STEPHEN KING BOOK-MADE-INTO-MOVIE WHERE THE MOVIE WAS ANY GOOD EXCEPT "THE STAND" (WHICH WAS REALLY GREAT) AND EVERYONE SAYS THAT DREAMCATCHER WAS WORSE THAN KING'S OTHER STUFF

MISERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Trace Of Blood said:
What do you feel is his best work?

By the way, I disagree that he was self righteous. He commonly uses "we", "one", and "men"...he rarely uses "I" when praising or condemning a particular something.

A lot of his collections of letters interest me more partially because he covers a whole variety of topics and you get more of a feel as to who Thoreau was and what he was up to.

and I have to agree, Stephen King is pretty overrated