Now Reading...

I just finished Bad Way Out, by C. Hoyt Caldwell. It is a gritty but surprisingly funny tale about an East Tennessee moonshiner whose life is turned upside down by meth runners. The author nailed the attitudes of some of my more rural brethren. Glenn, you'll appreciate the writing and his ear for dialect.

I'm currently working on The Black Company Omnibus by Glen Cook.

Haven't read any James P. Hogan in many years. Reading the Giants series.

tumblr_lnna6n0fRz1qambw9o1_400.jpg

I just finished The Elfstones of Shannara. I read it like 6 years ago, but I've been kind of 'out' of reading these past few years and forgot most of what happened. Anyways, back to the book:

If you're into fantasy, I can't recommend this enough. The story is very well-written and unique, the action is intense with a lot of twists and turns, and it was one of the (few) books i've read where I developed a strong bond with the characters. I was genuinely happy for the characters who survived and I had to re-read the ending a few times because it was so satisfying.

books i have possessioon of that i am considering reading

the boy who invented the bubble gun
Paul Galico

fee fei fo fum
John Aylesworth

mindswap
Robert Sheckley

the moon is a harsh mistress
Robert A Heinlien

the lion the witch and the wardrobe
CS Lewis

the turing option
harry harrison & marvin minsky

the forbidden tower: a darkover novel
marion zimmer bradley

Phule me twice
robert asprin with peter j heck

Chapter 8 of The Hobbit... basically just after the end of the first film. Only taken me a few months... but then again thats what I get for just reading in public essentially. Nook2Android + Kindle app = <3

I know you read a lot within that genre. How would you rank/rate Dan Brown?

Hype or not, I'd actually rank him rather high for what I enjoy in the genre. I prefer the academic/historical asides based on speculation/theory as opposed to the juvenile action scenes of someone like Clive Cussler & his merry cast of guest writers.