Now Reading...

Dangerous+Women+UK.jpg

(short stories from a number of awesome authors, although my primary interest was Diana Gabaldon.)

Just a heads up. Base Kindles are crazy cheap today. 20% off the normal price, $49. [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HCCNJU/ref=gw_c1_gotd_ks?ie=UTF8&nav_sdd=aps&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0TK4MWSN978F5MZSMDHY&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1693782722&pf_rd_i=507846[/ame]

I highly recommend paying a bit more for the back-lit Paperwhite. It's amazing.

It is. I've bought a few of them as gifts for people, and I've considered one myself. I read on a Nook HD+ now, and find it too big to have with me as often as I'd like. I also never use it for anything other than reading, meaning the color goodness is wasted. Small, stays charged for a month, definitely the way to go.

The standard Kindle was good enough for a lot of people for a long time though, and that was a super cheap price.

It is. I've bought a few of them as gifts for people, and I've considered one myself. I read on a Nook HD+ now, and find it too big to have with me as often as I'd like. I also never use it for anything other than reading, meaning the color goodness is wasted. Small, stays charged for a month, definitely the way to go.

The standard Kindle was good enough for a lot of people for a long time though, and that was a super cheap price.

I loved my standard Kindle too. The way the Paperwhite automatically adjusts for the light in the room is amazing though. You can literally read it in bright sunlight or a pitch dark room.

I have the 128GB iPad 4 model.. I mostly read indoors at night, so it works great for me for epubs.. but yeah, it would be pretty expensive for just an ereader. :)

I have a standard Kindle, and I have a small AAA powered light that I use on the rare occasions when I need the extra light, like on a plane. I'll get a Paperwhite when this one dies, but I don't neeeeed it right now.

Wait, I didn't think that was out for another couple of months. British copy?

As for Wool, my wife actually reviewed the book and thought it was great.

Yes.. British copy.

Just finished last night.. I thought it was brilliant. The Moist von Lipwig story arc is awesome. :)

My mother got a new Kindle "paper-white" model for Christmas, and I ended up "inheriting" her old one (a "2nd Generation" Kindle). She also had one of those little clip-on lights and case for it as well. Go figure that I go and turn around and buy a a "paper-white" Kindle for my brother. But hey, that older Kindle still works perfectly for my needs. As a result, I went and bought and started reading that Clockwork Angels book that I've always wanted to get around to reading on the thing. My brother also suggested that I go and check out these Iron Druid Chronicles books, so I went and grabbed "Book One" of the series to check out (it was only $5 on the Kindle Store). Before, I was just using my 64 gig iPad 3 for reading, but that thing is overkill just for reading, though.