Now Reading...

18007564.jpg

I read these two over the weekend.. hilarious stuff. Now, back to the PMP exam prep, since my exam is schedule for 4 weeks from today. :p

51ichH69CLL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
51M5bNDFx9L._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Let me know your impression of this one. GG Kay's Asian themed novels haven't been as interesting to me as his Latin and Middle Eastern books.

I'm enjoying it so far, but I know what you mean. He really pushes the poetic side of his writing here, and between that and an emphasis on cultural customs, it's not as easy to get lost in the story.

Let me know your impression of this one. GG Kay's Asian themed novels haven't been as interesting to me as his Latin and Middle Eastern books.

The only book of his that I really enjoyed was Lions of al-Rassan, and maybe Tigana. Last Light of the Sun? *snore*

I finished Old Man's War during a power outage. Enjoyable/interesting, but I don't feel the need to read the sequels.

The only book of his that I really enjoyed was Lions of al-Rassan, and maybe Tigana. Last Light of the Sun? *snore*

I finished Old Man's War during a power outage. Enjoyable/interesting, but I don't feel the need to read the sequels.

I really, really enjoyed the Sarantine Mosaic books, which happened to be the first ones I discovered. Since then, the law of diminishing returns has kicked in with Kay's books in my eyes.

So while I'm waiting on everyone to read what I declare will already be the best book I read this year (The Martian!), I'll step back into my normal niche...

13246961.jpg

I've completed two thirds of The Martian. It is like crack: it keeps me awake and leaves me craving more. Stephen King once described The Running Man as a book where everything but breathless plotting was jettisoned overboard. The Martian has the same feel.