Now Reading...

Dead_Air.jpg

Quite a fun one. Plays out like a normal doctor who tv episode, this one being set on a pirate radio ship back in the day, and the only complaint was that Tennant's voice for one of male characters was a little iffy for me.

13422194.jpg

The cover would lead you to believe it's smut, but it's not; it's a Lord John Grey novella that takes place during the French and Indian War. Two bucks for the Kindle.

I have read the first three books in her Outlander series - then simply got side-tracked by Steven Erikson's massive Malazan series, but plan to return to Gabaldon's series again. Well-written, well-researched, with great character development - good stuff.

Current eBook:

612-1.jpg

After getting back to Honor Harrington, I've realized what the problem I have with these books are: there's no dramatic tension. Basically the enemies in these books are paper tigers and by the time Honor (or her allies) meet them, they are no real threat. It is actually a trend I see in a lot of millitary SF.

Current pBook:

11-2.jpg

My wife handed me this one. Never played the game this is based on and I've never been a big Adams fan. It definitely fits in with Adams' style of normal people getting lost in an uncontrolled automated system, but it is mostly pretty lightweight.

I just finished Robopocalypse. It is a reconstructed history of the human resistance groups following a war against thinking machines. Aside from being a little too prepackaged for a movie, it is a fun, good read.