Now Reading...

On my continuing tour through generic fantasyland...

Whill-of-Agora-Book-1-Legends-of-Agora.jpg

Yep, we have elves, dwarves, dragons and a young man with a destiny. Overall decent, but nothing that sticks out from the crowd of other generic fantasies.

Switching gears...

51%2ByKwpYuQL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

So far, this book has been a lot of fun. He obviously wears his influences on his sleeve and can't help but reference them, but it doesn't hurt the story much. Not sure if he's going to wear out his welcome, but it has been a ripping yarn.

I recently signed a publishing deal with Winlock Press. My debut novel will be out late August/early September entitled "A Coin for Charon", a cheery little serial killer book. Right now the publisher is giving away a free zombie/apoc book every Friday. I think next month they are doing female main character books. The pub caters to speculative fiction so all the titles fall under that board heading. So if you like good zombie fiction head over and sign up to win. http://www.winlockpress.com

Grats! Let us know when it's available.

Great forum handle BTW.

I definitely will. Many of you guys, most actually, share my tastes in books and of course you do in music. I have two series coming out. The first is psychological thriller. The other is dark fantasy, a different take on angels and demons. A Coin for Charon will be out late August or so. Blood for the Dancer, the first in the dark fantasy, close to year's end I believe.

I should get a few Advanced Reader copies. The publisher allows a few given out in exchange for honest reviews on Amazon. I'll let you guys know about that too if your interested.

And I the #1 novel of the year so far! "A spellbinding story of world-altering power and revenge...Hawkins has created a fascinating, unusual world in which ordinary people can learn to wield breathtaking power--and he's also written a compelling story about love and revenge that never loses sight of the human emotions at its heart. A wholly original, engrossing, disturbing, and beautiful book." --Kirkus (starred) An extravagant, beautifully imagined fantasy about a universe that is both familiar and unfamiliar...Hawkins makes nary a misstep in this award-worthy effort of imagination. You won't be able to put it down." --Booklist (starred) "A bizarre yet utterly compelling debut...might remind readers of Robert Jackson Bennett's or Neil Gaiman's horror/fantasies." --Library Journal (starred) "A terrific book, full of dark mystery and genuine beauty." --Richard Kadrey, New York Times bestselling author of Sandman Slim "A first-rate novel... a sprawling, epic contemporary fantasy about cruelty and the end of the world, compulsively readable, with the deep, resonant magic of a world where reality is up for grabs. Unputdownable." --Cory Doctorow, New York Times bestselling author of Little Brother and Makers "Funny, horrifying and original...the kind of story that keeps yanking you off in ridiculous new directions every time you think you know what's coming next." --David Wong, New York Times bestselling author of John Dies at the End "The most genuinely original fantasy I've ever read. Hawkins plays with really, really big ideas and does it with superb invention, deeply affecting characters, and a smashing climax I did not see coming." --Nancy Kress, Hugo and Nebula Award-winning author of Beggars in Spain "This book is batshit crazy. From the very first pages, the story grabs you by the guts and doesn't let go. It mashes together fantasy and thriller, love stories and dark comedy, into a wild trip at once unpredictable and unforgettable. You'll never look at a librarian in quite the same way." --Keith Donohue, New York Times bestselling author of The Stolen Child "A pyrotechnic debut...The most terrifyingly psychopathic depiction of a family of gods and their abusive father since Genesis." --Charles Stross, Hugo and Locus Award-winning author of Accelerando and The Apocalypse Codex "Don't pick up this book unless you want to read something you've absolutely never read before. The Library at Mount Char is funny, bizarre, moving, frightening, and surreal. The most original work I've read in ages." --Walter Jon Williams, New York Times bestselling author of Destiny's Way and This is Not a Game About the Author

Ok that was fucking brilliant.

I just finished reading [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Shepherd-Moon-Omegaverse-G-R-Cooper-ebook/dp/B011YOH89Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439312527&sr=8-1&keywords=shepherd+moon"]Shephard Moon[/ame]. It's a short story, or maybe a novella written by a friend of mine. It's a LitRPG book (which means it's a book about people playing a game, like Ready Player One or the like). At first it reads like a game manual, but it gets better quickly and it pretty entertaining. The second book, [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Shepherds-Crook-Omegaverse-G-R-Cooper-ebook/dp/B013KOXA4K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439312679&sr=8-1&keywords=shepherd+crook+book"]Shephard's Crook[/ame] just came out. I haven't started it yet, but I will soon.

I'm also reading, "Find Your Own Truth" by Robert Charrette. It's the third book in the first Shadowrun series. It's fun to read.

Just finished “The Library at Mount Char.” The concept was clever, but I had a really hard time stomaching the violence in this book. And the weird thing is that I’ve read plenty other books - fantasy, horror, crime thrillers - that were much more graphic. I suspect I know why this is the case, but hard to explain without major spoilers!

One funny thing is that there is an author mentioned in passing towards the end of the book who writes in a *completely* different genre - and I had *just* checked out one of this person’s books from my local library. Had to smile at the coincidence. :)

And now reading:

51jdv4kWP2L._SX308_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Dude is a VERY funny writer and uses lots of gratuitous Helloween references.

I actually saw him at the Helloween show at the Masquerade in Atlanta around 2003, they were touring for Rabbit Don't Come Easy, I think there was maybe 100 people there. He was by far more into it than most people, he seems pretty high energy.