Now Watching?

haha... it's all good. Marc is obviously too kvlt for FRIENDS, that's his perogative. :p

As much as I like watching stuff that is informative, or that makes me think, sometimes it's just night to chill out and relax watching something that is mildly entertaining. :)

The problem is that Friends is really unfunny and not at all entertaining. I've tried so hard to enjoy it. I've forced myself to laugh. I just don't get it. What is funny about it? Where are the jokes?

The thing is, it's one of the most popular shows of all time, so I guess there's something happening there, but I could never tap into it. I suppose it's a certain type of humour for certain types of people. I just find it really frustrating and banal.

Saw Drag Me to Hell. Well worth watching if you're into horrors. More of a frightfest, with some grossout gags. Tinges of Evil Dead, unsurprisingly, given the director is Sam Raimi.
Also saw Midnight Meat Train, based on a Clive Barker short story which I don't think I've read. Worth watching if you're into horrors - chills and gore.

The problem is that Friends is really unfunny and not at all entertaining. I've tried so hard to enjoy it. I've forced myself to laugh. I just don't get it. What is funny about it? Where are the jokes?

The thing is, it's one of the most popular shows of all time, so I guess there's something happening there, but I could never tap into it. I suppose it's a certain type of humour for certain types of people. I just find it really frustrating and banal.

I'm with you, as funny as a kick in the teeth.

This for the 11th time (one of the greatest movies ever!)
falling_down.jpg

saw a bunch of good shit this week - Synecdoche, New York was a huge mindfuck, a Broadway director begins creating this play about himself, with actors playing the people in his life, and the play begins to take on a life of its own and create another within it. by the guy who wrote adaptation, eternal sunshine, being john malkovich etc.

Lust, Caution was really well composed as a film and has very lush visuals, story is about a bunch of chinese student dissidents during ww2 in japanese occupied shanghai trying to assasinate an official for the collaborationist government. has some very confronting sex scenes, at some points i was like 'holy shit, is this simulated or what?'

and A Complete History Of My Sexual Failures was awkwardly hilarious, a film maker is dumped by his umpteenth girlfriend and decides to make a doco about himself and why women inevitably drop him.

looking forward to Evangelion 2.0 in october while i'm in singapore, from 1.0 it seems like the artwork is much better and the retardedly complex/neurotic storyline is being streamlined to be more accessible