Nowhere

griev0r

Here is Nowhere
May 13, 2007
Florida
I never knew my Brave Murder Day was remastered until Paul Kuhr recently mentioned something about it in his forums. I found myself a copy and so happy I did, BMD sounds SO much better this way!

It comes with 3 bonus songs I've never heard but 'Nowhere' really stands out for me. What a fucking great song.

It's got Mike on vocals I believe but all the drums and guitars sound different than BMD tones. When were these tracks recorded?

Anyways maybe I'm the last to hear about this but any Kata fan should definitely pick this up. BMD sounds 100x better and the extra songs are fantastic! :headbang:

The three extra tracks on the Brave Murder Day peaceville reissue are taken from the EP Sounds Of Decay, that was recorded in 1997 at sunlight studios, and was the last "extreme" metal music recorded by Katatonia.

I think the Peaceville one w/Sounds of Decay was the first time BMD was properly mastered. Cause it went to the pressing plant unmastered, or something. I haven't heard the original version of the album so I don't know the difference. Oh and Sounds of Decay is one of the best things Katatonia has ever done.

Speaking of Sounds of Decay....when I met Opeth a while ago, Mikael told me (after I profusely fanboyed him over BMD) that there was a "more brutal" version of Sounds of Decay which was recorded, but not released because Anders didn't like it. Could this perhaps be where "Untrue" came from? I dunno about you but I'd love to hear the rest of the "more brutal" version.

So, does the BMD w/ Sounds of Decay sound different then the BMD w/ For Funerals to Come?
Yes, cause the version with For Funerals to Come wasn't mastered at all, like all versions of BMD before the Peaceville release. The new version sounds great, it's also available in mid-price, so I would strongly recommend to buy it.
I think the Peaceville one w/Sounds of Decay was the first time BMD was properly mastered. Cause it went to the pressing plant unmastered, or something. I haven't heard the original version of the album so I don't know the difference. Oh and Sounds of Decay is one of the best things Katatonia has ever done.
I never particularly liked Sounds of Decay, it's not bad, but doesn't stand out either i.m.o.
Speaking of Sounds of Decay....when I met Opeth a while ago, Mikael told me (after I profusely fanboyed him over BMD) that there was a "more brutal" version of Sounds of Decay which was recorded, but not released because Anders didn't like it. Could this perhaps be where "Untrue" came from? I dunno about you but I'd love to hear the rest of the "more brutal" version.
I think 'Untrue' indeed came from that version. I'd love to hear that recording of SoD.

Sounds of Decay is amazing. One of my favourite pieces of music that isn't on an album. Katatonia are the masters of that. 'Nowhere', 'Help Me Disappear', 'Wait Outside', 'Unfurl'.... No other band in the history of music has had so many classic songs!

Yes, cause the version with For Funerals to Come wasn't mastered at all, like all versions of BMD before the Peaceville release. The new version sounds great, it's also available in mid-price, so I would strongly recommend to buy it.
Shit, I hate buying things I already have in some other version but I really want to hear this.

I just recently fell in love with my copy of Brave Yester Days again and had myself wondering many things about the Sounds of Decay EP. Perfect timing for this thread!!

True and it's nice to have BMD on one disc with Sounds of Decay, the EP that actually 'belongs' with BMD (unlike FFtC), being the only other release with Mikael on vocals.Word!

damn I might have to pick this up. SoD is truly amazing I've realized recently (not sure what I didn't hear or notice before). I love the raw sound of BMD though. Other than the convenience of having both on one disc, is the sound quality really that much improved that it's worth a 2nd purchase?

damn I might have to pick this up. SoD is truly amazing I've realized recently (not sure what I didn't hear or notice before). I love the raw sound of BMD though. Other than the convenience of having both on one disc, is the sound quality really that much improved that it's worth a 2nd purchase?
I think so, especially in the lower frequencies the sound improved, it sounds more balanced and powerful.

SOD is insanely badass, all three songs are pure ownage. It doesn't get much better when it comes to thy doomage, BMD is probably better, that's it.