np

This album is pretty awesome.

549936.jpg
I knew it would be, can't wait for mine to arrive! Also I preordered the Abbath Doom Occulta snow globe, probably the first and last bit of merch I'll buy this year, hilarious and awesome.

Reactions: AllShallFall
I thought World Coming Down was better than Bloody Kisses, fyi. Finally listened to it last night.
The whole 70+ minutes album length thing is getting very old very quick though.

Which one did you finally listen to last night? Because I reckon either one needs a fair bit more than a listen or two before the nuances permeate our aural essence. I find with 'World Coming Down' I'm sitting through quite a bit of - not filler per se - but fairly unexciting music at times. Whereas 'Bloody Kisses' (at least my preferred version of it - the digipak) is all killer and no... what's the word I'm looking for here... filler.

Here is the tracklist for the digipak version. It has two tracks missing from the original, no intro and no interludes, apparently at the band's request. A song called 'Suspended in Dusk' has been added and it's a big serious goth epic. I concur with the band's choices here entirely as this is a masterpiece of song order:

1. Christian Woman
2. Bloody Kisses (A Death in the Family)
3. Too Late: Frozen
4. Blood and Fire
5. Can't Lose You
6. Summer Breeze
7. Set Me on Fire
8. Suspended in Dusk
9. Black No. 1

And here are the two covers. The bottom one is the digipak version:

upload_2016-1-24_20-21-52.png

Reactions: CiG
I've been listening to their albums in order of release, so last night it was World Coming Down.
For years I only ever listened to their debut without much care to go beyond. I was always interested in other things. But this year I made an oath to finally listen to all the stuff I own that I've been putting off.

So next up is Life Is Killing Me but I'll definitely be giving everything another listen, I wouldn't leave any of them at a first impression, then I'll update ratings etc.

It's actually been really fun, I put a new one on and play my 3DS or read. I always absorb music better that way I think.

Reactions: suckerleaf
I've been listening to their albums in order of release, so last night it was World Coming Down.
For years I only ever listened to their debut without much care to go beyond. I was always interested in other things. But this year I made an oath to finally listen to all the stuff I own that I've been putting off.

So next up is Life Is Killing Me but I'll definitely be giving everything another listen, I wouldn't leave any of them at a first impression, then I'll update ratings etc.

It's actually been really fun, I put a new one on and play my 3DS or read. I always absorb music better that way I think.

Oh right. Well if you enjoy the debut you'll probably dig where the band is about to take you. For me it gets pretty grim. 'Life is Killing Me' has some really cool moments but only about three of them from memory. 'Dead Again' is an unfunny joke basically. Cool cover though. Rasputin.

Ra-Ra-Rasputin, Russia's greatest love machine!

I actually don't own Dead Again and I somehow doubt I'll end up buying it, but I'll post my feelings about Life Is Killing Me as soon as I listen to it. What tracks are the good moments in your opinion so I can take notice when they come up.

Ra-Ra-Rasputin, Russia's greatest love machine!

I actually don't own Dead Again and I somehow doubt I'll end up buying it, but I'll post my feelings about Life Is Killing Me as soon as I listen to it. What tracks are the good moments in your opinion so I can take notice when they come up.

1. I love Turisas's cover of 'Rasputin' by the way. Also, I have a weird Rasputin story. I was on an overnight train in Egypt a few years ago and the bar carriage was straight out of the 70s, full of smoke etc from the cigarettes, and all these disco songs being played. Not ironically, but as if they were cutting edge. Rasputin was one of them and I thought, how the fuck did I end up here on a train at midnight somewhere in the Egyptian desert in a 1970s carriage listening to Boney M.

2. For me, being a romantic wannabe goth, the two best songs are EASILY 'Anesthesia' and then the instrumental that follows, namely 'Drunk in Paris'. These are just great songs. My worst include such shockers as 'I like Goils' (about how he's uncomfortable around gay people) and the appalling 'Angry Inch' (which I think is about small dicks, I can't remember).

Reactions: suckerleaf and CiG
1. I love Turisas's cover of 'Rasputin' by the way. Also, I have a weird Rasputin story. I was on an overnight train in Egypt a few years ago and the bar carriage was straight out of the 70s, full of smoke etc from the cigarettes, and all these disco songs being played. Not ironically, but as if they were cutting edge. Rasputin was one of them and I thought, how the fuck did I end up here on a train at midnight somewhere in the Egyptian desert in a 1970s carriage listening to Boney M.

2. For me, being a romantic wannabe goth, the two best songs are EASILY 'Anesthesia' and then the instrumental that follows, namely 'Drunk in Paris'. These are just great songs. My worst include such shockers as 'I like Goils' (about how he's uncomfortable around gay people) and the appalling 'Angry Inch' (which I think is about small dicks, I can't remember).

That story is the best thing ever.

Reactions: suckerleaf
Nice on the Loreena McKennitt album! If you liked that album try The Book of Secrets. The track Marco Polo is my favorite from her.

Black Magick SS - The Black Abyss
black-magick-ss-the-black-abyss-cd.jpg

checking them out because i'm in the mood for cool occult/psychedelic doom. interesting sound so far.

Hell yeah.:kickass: Likewise! Never seen her posted here before so that was a surprise. I love Middle Eastern influenced stuff as well, but she does it very well