np

11028.jpg

Well not really, since death metal existed before Deicide. They are pretty influential, though. And Legion definitely has some technical aspects that impacted the genre. It also still sounds unrelentingly violent to these ears, despite being released in '92.

True dat.

Btw TB, if you're going to quote me in your signature copy and paste something I actually said. It's not that I disagree with the quote, it's just that it has grammatical errors and reads a little like something written by a retarded person.

@ProphetofHatred

first off no, for example the album we're talking about has ZERO Deicide influence. And i know what you're trying to say(that deicide were DM originators?) but that's now what he was trying to get at. But they weren't even one of the originators ... they were still releasing demos when bands like Death, Morbid Angel, Possessed had already released full albums. And the guy said Osbcura was influenced by and sounds like Deicide. Is that something that you would agree with?

Last edited:
True dat.

Btw TB, if you're going to quote me in your signature copy and paste something I actually said. It's not that I disagree with the quote, it's just that it has grammatical errors and reads a little like something written by a retarded person.

Nah, i had to shorten it up and combine two of your most retarded posts. But yeah, that's essentially what you said.

Oh and that first sentence right there doesn't look right either, son .... so i think the grammatical errors and mental retardation thing is perfectly fitting.

Last edited:
Tbh I don't think it's all that controversial to suggest that Gorguts aren't a technical death metal band. I've heard them described as one before, but it's pretty obvious that most of their material sounds nothing like most tech death bands' output.

As to Obscura (and From Wisdom to Hate) being influenced by Legion era Deicide, I don't think that's much of a shocker either. I'm not saying Gorguts and Deicide sound exactly alike - what I'm saying is that elements of Gorguts' sound were drawn from Deicide's sound, and that Obscura therefore wouldn't have been Obscura without Deicide - that's how influence works. Testimony of the Ancients / Spheres era Pestilence is another evident influence.

Last edited: