np

kk4RApF.jpg

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Are you that soft in the head? What im saying is that you seem to think that technical death metal started with necrophagist and the other modern tech-death bands of today and that if a band doesn't sound like them then they are not technical death metal. You are completely wrong and a fucking idiot. TSoP sounds nothing like modern tech death, and neither does Focus .... so does that mean those works are not TDM? I swear, you must be really slow in the head and it honestly says a lot if i had to break this shit down to you.

Oh and as i stated earlier, Focus is the only album that can be labeled progressive/technical death metal, so technically yes, it would be incorrect to label them as a technical death metal band. Have you even lsitened to any of their other albums?

What I'm saying is that there's a clear continuity of bands that fall within the tech death tradition, starting with Atheist and Death's later albums, and including stuff like Hieronymous Bosch, Martyr, early Decapitated, and all the bands I listed earlier.

^The post I made the first time you accused me of that however many pages ago. Either you're intentionally misrepresenting what I say to make your case, or you're having difficulty reading it with all that froth in your eyes.

oh and a big lol at Origin and Spawn of Possession sounding like Cynic and Atheist. I'm honestly starting to feel sorry for you.

We can argue all day about how much those bands do or don't sound alike, but it's obvious to anyone with a frontal lobe that all those bands sound more alike than any of them sound like Gorguts.

It's an indication of your poor reading comprehension that I can reply to everything you say using old posts.

My rankings:

Far Away from the Sun > Nær Sólen Gar Niþer For Evogher > The Somberlain > Welcome, My Last Chapter > Storm of the Light's Bane > Slaughtersun. But yeah they're all at least great to me.

I haven't spent too much time with Sacramentum's 2 albums that followed Far Away from the Sun, but I remember them being far more aggressive and much more rooted in death/thrash which I don't think suits them.

Dawn is supposedly active again and writing new material. No idea how far along they are with it.

Last edited:
My rankings:

Far Away from the Sun > Nær Sólen Gar Niþer For Evogher > The Somberlain > Welcome, My Last Chapter > Storm of the Light's Bane > Slaughtersun. But yeah they're all at least great to me.

I haven't spent too much time with Sacramentum's 2 albums that followed Far Away from the Sun, but I remember them being far more aggressive and much more rooted in death/thrash which I don't think suits them.

Dawn is supposedly active again and writing new material. No idea how far along they are with it.

I'd go Slaughtersun > Welcome, My Last Chapter > Nær Sólen Gar Niþer For Evogher > Storm of the Light's Bane > Far Away from the Sun > The Somberlain. But that's just today...

I'd go Slaughtersun > Welcome, My Last Chapter > Nær Sólen Gar Niþer For Evogher > Storm of the Light's Bane > Far Away from the Sun > The Somberlain. But that's just today...

Interesting ordering. I find that Dawn drive the same riff into the ground far too much on Slaughtersun, which is why it's my least favourite of the bunch. I also don't find to be as emotionally engaging as their previous album.