O/T "45% of Americans believe the Earth was created by God in the past 10,000 years"

it is funny, until we get invaded by aliens and the only way to avoid getting our brains fried to for americans to do an integalactic version of mastermind, we'd be fucked! do they HAVE schools in america? =p

Very interesting! I had the president of Biology @ my university sending out threating letters when I broke this argument 10 years ago just on a whim from something our guitarist brought up. I don't see why everyone gets so bent out of shape about it. I always felt sorry for Darwin b/c he felt he had to give up his faith in ID in order to illustrate evolution. Why? Wouldn't a supreme power have to kickstart it somewhere? Did we really just slowly macroevolve to get where we are by chance? I'm not on a crusade here but I don't want to pull any punches either.

Darwin didn't 'give up' anything.

This article is...iffy at best. Gallup polls may be the most trusted polling center in the country, but that doesn't make them bulletproof.

Doesn't say who they asked, how the questions were phrased, anything. Not buying it. I have some better faith in people than that, but not much.

Ragamuffin said:
So I don't end up a waffle waitress.

Obnoxious , self-righteous, whining little fucks. My biggest fear is that if I quit smoking, I'll become one of you...Don't take that wrong. I have something to tell you non-smokers that I know for a fact that you don't know, and I feel it's my duty to pass on information at all times. Ready?.......Non-smokers die every day...Enjoy your evening. See, I know that you entertain this eternal life fantasy because you've chosen not to smoke, but let me be the 1st to POP that bubble and bring you hurtling back to reality....You're dead too.

Have you got his DVD they released not to long ago? If not, pick it up:headbang: If you are a fan of the man, it is a definite must own. This is what it looks like

Cool, it is definitely worth owning. O/T Arg, I just received my Haunted:Caught On Tape dvd yesterday. I haven't seen it yet and I won't be able to see it tonight(I'm going to see EyeHateGod tonight. Thats kinda ironic considering the thread ) but I will tell you if it is worth buying also. I'm sure it kicks ass but who know's:err:

Ragamuffin said:
Darwin didn't 'give up' anything.

This article is...iffy at best. Gallup polls may be the most trusted polling center in the country, but that doesn't make them bulletproof.

Doesn't say who they asked, how the questions were phrased, anything. Not buying it. I have some better faith in people than that, but not much.

Dude, I'm not on a crusade or anything but Charles Darwin gave up his faith in Jesus Christ b/c of his beliefs in "contemporary" evolution. At least according to some documentary I saw. Now that I write this I see your point about nothing being bulletproof. Rock on:headbang:

MyHatredforYouRunsDeep said:
Cool, it is definitely worth owning. O/T Arg, I just received my Haunted:Caught On Tape dvd yesterday. I haven't seen it yet and I won't be able to see it tonight(I'm going to see EyeHateGod tonight. Thats kinda ironic considering the thread ) but I will tell you if it is worth buying also. I'm sure it kicks ass but who know's:err:

Enjoy it!