O/T: The Clinton Years

ThraxDude

Feb 2, 2002
After the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, which killed six and injured
1,000; President Clinton promised that those responsible would be
hunted down and punished.
After the 1995 bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed five U.S. military
personnel; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.
After the 1996 Khobar Towers bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed 19
and injured 200 U.S. military personnel; Clinton promised that those
responsible would be hunted down and punished.
After the 1998 bombing of U.S. embassies in Africa, which killed 224
and injured 5,000; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted
down and punished.
After the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole, which killed 17 and injured 39
U.S. sailors; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down
and punished.
Maybe if Clinton had kept his promise, an estimated 3,000 people in New York and Washington, D.C. that are now dead would be alive today.
And, now that Bush is taking action to bring these people to justice,
we have opponents charging him with being a war monger...

AN INTERESTING QUESTION:
This question was raised on a Philly radio call-in show. Without
casting stones, it is a legitimate question.
There are two men, both extremely wealthy. One develops relatively
cheap software and gives billions of dollars to charity. The other sponsors
terrorism. That being the case, why was it that the Clinton
Administration
spent more money chasing down Bill Gates over the past eight years than Osama bin Laden?

THINK ABOUT IT!
It is a strange turn of events.
Hillary gets $8 Million for her forthcoming memoir.
Bill gets about $12 Million for his memoir yet to be written.
This from two people who have spent the past 8 years being unable to
recall anything about past events while under oath!

Sincerely,
Cmdr Hamilton McWhorter
USN(ret)

P. S. Please forward this to as many people as you can!
We don't want this woman to even THINK of running for President.

Remember:
The Alamo
Pearl Harbor
9-11-01
The Clinton Years
All Truly American Disasters!!

I think we should leave politics off of metal message boards. The problem w/ political debates is that everyone is right - because it is all about what you believe. One of the ways I explain it to my kids sums it all up. All of us basically like the same stuff and have the same ideas - we want whats best for the country, we just disagree on how to get there. It's just like pudding. You may like vanilla, I may like pistachio, she may like butterscotch, and he may like tapioca. We all like different pudding - but the bottom line is, we all like pudding.

I think Thraxdude brings up some very valid points.
Basically one president will put up with, and down play events, while the other will take action against what he feels is wrong.

Right on Thra:rofl:ude. The damage Clinton did during his presidency still hasn't been fully realized. Wait until the missile technology that was sold to the chinese bites us in the ass.

TD said:
We all like different pudding - but the bottom line is, we all like pudding.

Hot diggity! I like puddin' too but I don't like when the top gets all crusty and all. :p
Now, if Saddam Hussein were a pudding, what kind/flavor would he be?

A brown, bitter-tangy one sprinkled with anthrax, topped with a pinch of cyanide?

I don't deserve any credit. It's just an e-mail I got. Thought that it was important, so I posted it here.

I agree with Ty leaving political issues off of an Anthrax board. We don't have much to talk about but the last thing we need is bitter feelings. It's not like we start debating politics to the next guy in line while we're standing in line at 7-11 to buy beer. I'm sure there are thousands of political message boards. Go debate over there. Who knows, you may be enlightened.

I think that trying to pin the blame of 9/11 on an ex-president is a very dangerous, irresponsible, thing to do. And I'm by no means a Bill Clinton fan (although my dad got to meet and hang with him a few times). If you're going to trace the mistakes of the preceeding president that bit the next president in the ass, we can go through each and every presidency there ever was. Blaming 09/11 on Clinton is a sad way to rally support for Bush Jr. Sad, sad, sad. And that is the end of my political talk.

BTW - i think Bush is handling the war greatly. So don't grill me as a Bush hater either.

I hear ya Ty. But he did say he'd hunt down those responsible and punish them. Then decided to have Monica under his desk instead.
But I know where you're coming from, dude. I'm glad we have a president who IS hunting down someone.
First stop, Iraq. Next stop, North Korea./forum/images/smilies/evilgrin.gif

Traditionally I think you'll find that Democrats handle domestic affairs better, and that Republicans are better at foriegn policy. Maybe we should go back to old way, and who ever loses the election is named Vice President. A lot of people probably aren't aware that things were ever done like that.

TD said:
Traditionally I think you'll find that Democrats handle domestic affairs better, and that Republicans are better at foriegn policy. Maybe we should go back to old way, and who ever loses the election is named Vice President. A lot of people probably aren't aware that things were ever done like that.

No, we only need to go back to when women couldn't vote.

KIDDING
lol.gif
:devil:

Seriously though, the vice presidency is such a week position (unless of course the president dies) that I don't think your objective would be accomplished. One VP under FDR (not Truman) once said the vice presidency wasn't worth a bucket of piss. The fact that I can't remember his name does give weight to his opinion. Of course, I guess the veep could be more powerful if he hated the president. Adams v. Jefferson all over again.

I read this and realised how different opnions on the war are - In the UK probably half the population is marching against war and holding demonstrations ever week. Whereas most Americans are fully behind there President and American Army Personel.
Have the Brits turned into a bunch of bleeding heart liberals or are Americans just blood thristy and gung ho?

I personally support the troops in Iraq as I have 2 friends over there and wish all troops come home safely BUT I daren't say this in Britain for accusations of being a war mongerer (sp).