O/T: LOTR Deluxe DVD out today

I've owned Lord of the Rings since it came out in August, and I still haven't watched it. I haven't seen Episode II yet, but I'm sure if it's not here by Christmas, it'll be one of those "let me exchange this and hope no one finds out" type things. I'm getting Spiderman for my sister. I'll probably borrow it sometime after I give it to her. :lol: As for this new Lord of the Rings thing, I must say, I don't care much for any DVD's special features, and at a time where I am going to spend every spare moment trying like hell not to fall asleep while changing diapers, there's no way I'd sit through any of it. As for deleted scenes, if they're that great for the movie, put it in there the first time, for fuck's sake.

It depends on the movie. A lot of times you see deleted scenes and can see why they were cut. Other times, you see the deleted scenes and wonder why they were taken out (An example is "Keeping The Faith"...we rented this one time...it's a dull movie and not worth seeing, but there is one deleted scene that made us laugh harder than anything that was kept in the actual movie, and we couldn't understand why they didn't keep it).

As for LOTR, the scenes aren't deleted, they are actually "new" scenes filmed specifically for the DVD release, which is why they are integrated right into the film, and not "extras" that you have to watch seperately, out of context. They did this because in theatres, they have to keep running times within a certain limit so they can show the movie every couple hours and keep new people buying tickets. On video, they don't have such time constraints. Lucas did this for Episode I (although the scenes didn't really add anything to the story), and I think he did this for the Episode II release as well.