O/T: Worst concert you ever to set thru?

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
This can certainly include openers! A few years ('97??) ago I bought tickets to see Alice Cooper at the once legendary Buckeye Lake/Legend Valley Music Center (pretty much non-existent now as the corporate powerhouse Polaris Ampitheatre now has Columbus shows locked down). It was a two day deal the radio station WBZX put together. Night one was Megadeth, the Misfits, and a local band. Night two was Alice Cooper w/ Dokken and Slaughter. We went up to night one, got plastered stayed in a hotel hung out on the lake all day and went on back to the show rather late, hoping to avoid the hair bands, but alas, they played on. Dokken literally hurt my ears and sounded so shitty I went back to the car and passed out until Alice came out. Alice rocked the place that night, so it made up for hairballpalooza. Also, watching Sebastian Bach open up for Pantera and Anthrax was down right awful. I never thought I would pray to see Coal Chamber, but I was, as Bach was just filling in for those guys 'cause they took a week off. It was bad, and I mean bad. The whole place was booing and throwing shit.

poison was probably the worst,they only played for 90 mins and that included a drum solo and a really boring cc deville toss session on guitar!!!!

A couple of days ago I went to see Dio in Quebec and the opening act were Voivod... I thought it was really a weird combination, especially since Voivod's music isn't the kinda music that gets a crowd going...

And oh yes, Project Wyze opening for Ozzy too.... rapcore crap opening for the Prince of Darkness?? I just hoped that at one point in their show, Zakk would come out and chop their heads with his mighty Les Paul.

Last night I went to see Lollipop Lust Kill, Coal Chamber, American Head Charge and Medication. The show was ok til Lollipop hit the stage and rocked the fucking house but Coal Chamber completely sucked ass and I've been a fan for years now. The only 2 things that saved the show were LLK and the fact that I had a backstage pass.

Without a doubt Green Jello/Jelly. They opened for Testament and sucked beyond suck. The guitarist was sooo out of tune and plus he was trying to play with a chicken suit on...it sounded sooo bad. Every few minutes the singer would yell out Who's the shittiest band ever? and you know what the answer was. Whoever's idea it was to put Green Jelle with Testament and Pro-Pain is a ultra maroon for sure. The sad thing is that Pro-pain went on before these guys.

American Head Charge, I saw them open for Slayer. I swear, I fucking hate Nu Metal and thats what they were. I couldn't wait for them to be over with. Some of the local bands here that open for headlining bands are really awful as well.

Battle of the Bands in April at the Palladium...all the bands there SUCKED HORRIBLY, except for my friend's band and one other band. Over half of the bands there were shitty punk bands who couldn't even fucking TUNE their guitars...nevermind get them to sound decent. There was also a horrid nu-"metal" band there, that completely BUTCHERED Pantera's "Walk"...

Public Enemy at the Lowlands festival, they sounded like shit, and after 40 minutes they gave Flav a solo spot to promote his new allbum for 30 minutes!!!!!!!!waste of time fot that stupid crackhead!!!!!

I went to a festival in either 93 or 94, mainly to see Ugly Kid Joe and Sven Gali, who were unfortunately opening acts. Sven Gali played for a grand total of 22 minutes, and Ugly Kid Joe got kicked off the stage after 4 and a half songs, after "encouraging" fans to get rowdy. The concert went downhill from there, finishing off with Tom Cochrane :puke: and Def Leppard :puke: :puke:

Money well wasted.

I've been to a lot of shitty concerts over the years because I got invited by a pretty girl. The worst probably being either Richard Marx or Survivor. What can I say, I'm a sucker for blondes.

Feel free to flame me without mercy....

j

Oh man, I've sat through some shitty sets before. Lucy's Fur Coat opened for the Ramones in August of 95, and I swear the singer was having a seizure through the whole show. It was disturbing. Weapon of Choice opened for Red Hot Chili Peppers in April 96, and I found myself praying that the Toadies would hurry up and come out, even though they themselves are one-hit wonders. Lollapalooza 96 was a disaster all around (I've told this one before) but I must say...Devo. Holy shit. Why are they allowed to be inflicted on the rest of us? They ran around for no less than 20 minutes (of their HOUR set, while the Ramones got 10 minutes) screaming "ARE WE NOT MEN???" I've never had a headache like that before or since. I guess what made all of these suck the most was I was underage at the time and couldn't get drunk to forget them all. :D

Wow, I've been to some very shitty ones. Here is goes,,,,,,,so much for any credibility I had.

1-Bullet Boys, Winger, & Cinderalla

2-Firehouse, trixter, & Warrant

Hey, what can I say? I was 14, and my older brother dragged me along. Oh well.

Cheerz!

AugDawg

RAMMSTEIN opening for AC/DC. Angus and co. were great, but Rammstein show just sucked megatons of ass. Pretty arrogant assholes, too. The guitarists could barely hold guitars in their hands, let alone play them. The show was - you know, children playing with matches! How lame. I didn´t know if I was supposed to laugh or cry or what.
My friends told me that the worst shit they´d seen was Bloodhound Gang in CZ two years ago. I don´t know because I didn´t see it, but everyone who was there told me it had been complete waste of money.

The worst by far was an opening band for the misfits. The Impatant Sea Snakes. There like this S&M band from california. There are guys dressed as chicks and some chicks with dildos strapped onrunning around on stage acting like there doing others from behind. Half naked ppl hanging from ropes. It sucked. They even had ISS in KISS lights up on stage. It was just like the KISS logo with out the K. The band was worse that GWAR.

Originally posted by johnnieCzech
RAMMSTEIN opening for AC/DC. Angus and co. were great, but Rammstein show just sucked megatons of ass. Pretty arrogant assholes, too. The guitarists could barely hold guitars in their hands, let alone play them. The show was - you know, children playing with matches! How lame. I didn´t know if I was supposed to laugh or cry or what.
My friends told me that the worst shit they´d seen was Bloodhound Gang in CZ two years ago. I don´t know because I didn´t see it, but everyone who was there told me it had been complete waste of money.

Every time I've seen AC/DC the opening bands have sucked ass. In early 1996, they chose the band w/ Angus and Malcolms cousin in it over Anthrax. They sounded like Jackyl. They sucked. I can't remember who the summer support band was that year, they were chosen over Danzig and were very "hairbandesque." ANd Slash's Snakepit need to go, they opened in 2001. I've heard people doggin KISS's opening bands 'cause they always go with who will play for either dirt cheap or free, but hell I've seen Powerman 5k, Deftones, Melvins, Alice In Chains, and Ted Nugent, so that ain't so bad..............

KiTTiE. I saw these chicks on OZZFEST, and let me say this, for a band that rocks so hard on a disc - their live performance needs a looooooot of fine tuning. I've heard only one other voice sound so shitty live and that was Dave Mustaine the last time MEGADETH came to the TABERNACLE last year. That's why RUDE AWAKENING surprised me so much. At least Dave put some effort into his vox b/c he knew it was for a live recording.

Sum it up.
KiTTiE on disc, SEE WHY EET! (sweet)
KiTTiE live, Sharon Osbourne owes ME money for that punishment!

Goddamn, SlipKnoT sounded better than them, and thats just 9 guys randomley beating on shit!

Well, me rant is over now.