Oct 26: Baltimore - last night of the tour

Advent1

Feb 19, 2006
usa
amazing show! same setlist as the past few nights that have been posted

they all wore the 'jorge' shirts on stage, was kinda creepy yet funny :kickass:

the extended version of hope leaves was really cool, i liked that a lot

mikael tripped walking off stage at the end, he must've been drunk from the one shot they did haha :ill:

high on fire was great, they played...

fury whip
cometh down hessian ( or something)
death is this communion
turk
rumors of war
waste of tiamat
devilution

baroness was pretty boring

oh , and i almost didnt recognize per with his beard, haha... looks good

High On Fire would have been better if the dude had been wearing a shirt. I was too distracted by his god-awful gut to enjoy anything.

Opeth rocked, though! Mikael was in top form with the banter. My favorite was everybody shouting "Fuck you, you fucking fucker!"

high on fire was great, they played...

fury whip
cometh down hessian ( or something)
death is this communion
turk
rumors of war
waste of tiamat
devilution

baroness was pretty boring

oh , and i almost didnt recognize per with his beard, haha... looks good

Wow that's strange, a High on Fire fan finding Baroness boring. I actually feel the complete opposite of that lol.

Wow that's strange, a High on Fire fan finding Baroness boring. I actually feel the complete opposite of that lol.

I am with you Advent1, Baroness actually blew me away! Very trippy corss between really old Soundgarden, some Neurosis and Isis moments, with heavy doses of blissed out stoner metal for good measure ! Very pleasantly surprised by them and light years better than the garbage that was Nachtmystium and HOF (sorry, HOF are a one trick pony, same regurgitated detuned power chords on an 8 string guitar are booooring as hell...I will give them an A for trying hard to be totally metal though !!! )

Awesome show that started out a little ragged at first, but was scorching in the end! You could tell the guys were having a blast and that it was the end of the tour though... A killer version of Deliverance and Night and Still Water ! Mike was hilariously funny as usual, "I have been wearing this shirt since the toru began like 27 days ago, it's disgusting and dirty" (points to the the front around his stomach area and says " See this, it's cum"... Also, before launching into Deliverance he says, " When I get home I am going to fuck my wife, and this song is dedicated to her, wait, no, it's not it's dedicated to you all"...

One of the best shows (I am somewhere near 10 shows since Deliverance) I have ever seen from the boys ! In talking with Per and Mike afterwards it looks very much like they will be back in either Feb or March of 09'.

New here, but have been a fan for a while.

Loved the show - in fact, it was one of the first concerts that I have ever been to - metal, rock, folk, you name it, where none of the people in my immediate vicinity were talking during the songs. I just couldn't believe that. I got there as High on Fire were starting, and I have to say that I wasn't a fan. I know that many people like them, but it just isn't my thing.

I do agree with the previous post - the show did start slow. I took a buddy of mine who is not even a metal fan, and afterwards, he said that the show blew him away, but that he didn't care much for the songs before "the ballad" (Hope Leaves, of course :)). I would say that it took off with Serenity, and that Heir Apparent and Grand Conjuration (especially) might not have worked well for whatever reason.

Anyway, Mikael was definitely having fun. Some woman said:"I love you". And he said:"I love you too." Then someone shouted:"But she is only 16." Mikael then said:"I am sorry, she is out of my age range. I prefer 60."

The highlights were roughly each song beginning with SPD. Seriously, they were that good. To my friend's untrained and unbiased Opeth and metal ears, he thought that Bleak and the Night and the Silent Water were the absolute highlights.

Looking forward to their next tour!

One of the best shows (I am somewhere near 10 shows since Deliverance) I have ever seen from the boys ! In talking with Per and Mike afterwards it looks very much like they will be back in either Feb or March of 09'.

Okay, I'll bite. How did you manage to talk to them afterward? Granted I didn't try very hard, but I looked around afterward and didn't see any buses anywhere, so I didn't know where to wait to possibly meet them. Assuming that they'll be back early next year, I would love to have a chance to talk to all of them.

It's my understanding they will be back anywhere between February and April of 2009. I don't believe anything is set in stone yet, so I would just plan for early next year.

I am with you Advent1, Baroness actually blew me away! Very trippy corss between really old Soundgarden, some Neurosis and Isis moments, with heavy doses of blissed out stoner metal for good measure ! Very pleasantly surprised by them and light years better than the garbage that was Nachtmystium and HOF (sorry, HOF are a one trick pony, same regurgitated detuned power chords on an 8 string guitar are booooring as hell...I will give them an A for trying hard to be totally metal though !!! )

Awesome show that started out a little ragged at first, but was scorching in the end! You could tell the guys were having a blast and that it was the end of the tour though... A killer version of Deliverance and Night and Still Water ! Mike was hilariously funny as usual, "I have been wearing this shirt since the toru began like 27 days ago, it's disgusting and dirty" (points to the the front around his stomach area and says " See this, it's cum"... Also, before launching into Deliverance he says, " When I get home I am going to fuck my wife, and this song is dedicated to her, wait, no, it's not it's dedicated to you all"...

high on fire dont play 8 string guitars.. :ill:

cant wait til they come back, februayr or march would be awesome :headbang:

high on fire dont play 8 string guitars.. :ill:

cant wait til they come back, februayr or march would be awesome :headbang:

You're right, he plays a 9 string guitar, but I could have sworn I only saw 8 tuning pegs on that thing and I was right on the rail in front of him and sober as a chruch mouse hmmm... Must be getting old, the eyes are as sharp as they used to be lol !

<For the 2007-2008 Tour; From FirstAct dot com: For Matt Pike of High On Fire, we created a distinctive 9-string guitar, with three strings on the bass side and six on the treble side. Each treble string is doubled for a chorused twelve-string guitar sound. The maple and mahogany body features a gorgeous, classic cherry sunburst finish and intricate 5-ply binding. The pickups are a pair of First Act custom made Duomags with super-wide frequency range. Matt's amps for tour are currently a Soldano SLO-100 head and a Laney VH-100R head powering 4 Emperor 4x12 cabinets (2 on Jeff's side & 2 on Matt's side).>

I was there as well. It was a great show, but I didn't care much for High on Fire. Sound too...metalcore-ish.

I thought Baroness was much, MUCH, better than HoF.