October 1st Milwaukee show...

emtfhII

POTSHOT APOCRYPHA
Aug 22, 2003
Fuglafjørður
Alright, I am finally getting around to posting this. Saturday nights show in Milwaukee was amazing. I met up with Tony (Tone1970 ?) and his friend Ben before the show. We picked up our passes and tickets and made our way down to the floor. The setlist for the night:
Among the living
Got the time
Caught in a mosh
Madhouse
Antisocial
N.F.L.
Indians
Medussa
I am the law

The instructions that came with our passes read “ANTHRAX MEET & GREET PEOPLE PLEASE MEET AT 9:05 PM TO YOUR RIGHT OF THE STAGE (LOOKING AT STAGE) WE WILL GATHER YOU AND BRING YOU TO THE M&G AREA, YOU MUST HAVE A PASS!” Well, it should have read go to stage right, so a whole group of us stood on the wrong side of the stage waiting. Since Anthrax started about 15 minutes late we gave them a little extra time. Finally we talked with someone and were told about the misprint, so we hurried on over to the other side of the stage. When we got there we were told that Anthrax had left already.
At that point we went around back to the tour bus and found Charlie. He brought us back stage where we hung out with him and Scott (Frank, Danny, and Joey had left). He and Scott were amazingly nice and signed a ton of stuff for us. My girlfriend was unable to make the show because her dad had a stroke. So Scott and Charlie signed Alive 2 “to Amanda”, and later Charlie used my phone and gave her a call. The message he left her was priceless. It went something like “Hey Amanda this is Charlie. We were supposed to have a date tonight. I’m down here at the US Cellular arena waiting for you. Give me a call.” Needless to say this made her night when she finally got the message.
Mr. Wu, if you read this, thanks once again for everything that night. You guys always go above and beyond the call of duty.
Well, in the immortal words of Forrest Gump “That’s all I have to say about that.”
-Clay:headbang:

Glad things went okay. Too bad the venue or whoever didn't know where to send you guys for the meet and greet. :err:
A wise man once told me, "The guestlist is always a pooch screw."

Hope your girlfriend's father is doing ok.

Sounds like you had a good time even if you didn't get to meet the whole band. I can only imagine your girlfriend's face when she heard that message. Must have been priceless.

eighteeschick said:
Hope your girlfriend's father is doing ok.

Sounds like you had a good time even if you didn't get to meet the whole band. I can only imagine your girlfriend's face when she heard that message. Must have been priceless.

Thanks for the kind words. Her dad is hanging in there for now, but it's not looking too good.

I've been emailing Charlie with updates and he's been really cool about responding. When I told her that he has been sending his best she was blown away. Charlie is a great guy.

She still can't believe that he called her. That definitely made her day.

In case some of you actually think Scott and/or Charlie are jerks, you should read this. Or re-read it. I've heard one or two people complain about the members of Anthrax. But I've heard literally dozens of stories like this one...

emtfhII said:
Alright, I am finally getting around to posting this. Saturday nights show in Milwaukee was amazing. I met up with Tony (Tone1970 ?) and his friend Ben before the show. We picked up our passes and tickets and made our way down to the floor. The setlist for the night:
Among the living
Got the time
Caught in a mosh
Madhouse
Antisocial
N.F.L.
Indians
Medussa
I am the law

The instructions that came with our passes read “ANTHRAX MEET & GREET PEOPLE PLEASE MEET AT 9:05 PM TO YOUR RIGHT OF THE STAGE (LOOKING AT STAGE) WE WILL GATHER YOU AND BRING YOU TO THE M&G AREA, YOU MUST HAVE A PASS!” Well, it should have read go to stage right, so a whole group of us stood on the wrong side of the stage waiting. Since Anthrax started about 15 minutes late we gave them a little extra time. Finally we talked with someone and were told about the misprint, so we hurried on over to the other side of the stage. When we got there we were told that Anthrax had left already.
At that point we went around back to the tour bus and found Charlie. He brought us back stage where we hung out with him and Scott (Frank, Danny, and Joey had left). He and Scott were amazingly nice and signed a ton of stuff for us. My girlfriend was unable to make the show because her dad had a stroke. So Scott and Charlie signed Alive 2 “to Amanda”, and later Charlie used my phone and gave her a call. The message he left her was priceless. It went something like “Hey Amanda this is Charlie. We were supposed to have a date tonight. I’m down here at the US Cellular arena waiting for you. Give me a call.” Needless to say this made her night when she finally got the message.
Mr. Wu, if you read this, thanks once again for everything that night. You guys always go above and beyond the call of duty.
Well, in the immortal words of Forrest Gump “That’s all I have to say about that.”

emtfhII said:
Among the living
Got the time
Caught in a mosh
Madhouse
Antisocial
N.F.L.
Indians
Medussa
I am the law

I cant fucking believe that...

How the fuck did I end up waiting a HOUR AND A HALF and get absolutley nothing on Oct 4th

I've had the pleasure of meeting the band a few times and the guys in the band have always been great!

JohnThrax said:
I cant fucking believe that...

How the fuck did I end up waiting a HOUR AND A HALF and get absolutley nothing on Oct 4th

I wish I had an answer. I think part of it was luck. We managed to catch Charlie and he knows both me and Tony. Because we weren't having any luck talking to anybody else.

dutchy said:
I met them , they are nice, but you cant claim theire time because you are a fan. I understand some the fanboys dissapointment, but that's life!

Exactly. If things hadn't worked out that night I would have been a little disappointed, but I sure as hell wouldn't hold it against them. It was cool enough to see the show.

dutchy said:
I met them , they are nice, but you cant claim theire time because you are a fan. I understand some the fanboys dissapointment, but that's life!
no no no, im not a "fan boy", just a loyal fan who just wanted to say hi and thanks for making the music that i like so much. its different when you are promised a meet and greet the entire show, and then the people responsible for it totally disapear and get on the bus and leave