Odin's Court with Spock's Beard - May 6 @ Jaxx!

Rick Pierpont

Odin's Court Guitar
Oct 1, 2003
Morrisville, NC
www.myspace.com
Yes people, its true! We've been DYING to tell people for a couple of months now. Jaxx wanted us to make the announcement at our DVD shoot, so we've had to hold off for quite a while now. Being a fan of the Beard, this is quite an honor for me. Even if you aren't a fan of their studio work, they put on an energetic show that is amazing.

Anyhow, as it says in the subject, we are honored and privileged to be opening for none other than the prog rock legends, Spock's Beard! The show is Saturday, May 6 @ the infamous Jaxx in Springfield, VA! Tickets are just $27.50 through us. PLEASE don't buy them through TicketMaster -- you will spend more money and it doesn't help support local musicians (like ourselves). You can either contact me, someone else in the band, or purchase them directly from OUR website.

Thanks in advance! I hope to see many of you there. :kickass:

eaeolian said:
I'm not a SB fan and I still found the live show enjoyable, so Rick's right on the mark there. I'm sure we'll be out... :kickass:

Cool! Thanks for the backup, Mike!

sccaldwell said:
That's awesome, Rick! Congrats!

I moved to Cary, NC over a year ago, so I won't be able to make it, but I'll be sure to tell a couple of friends that live up in the area and encourage them to come to the show.

Again, CONGRATS!!!

Craig
Thanks Craig! I'm pretty pumped about the opportunity too!

Really? I didn't realize that. Well, now you are closer to Atlanta and can even drive it now! Cool! Send them my way please! :)

KingsGene said:
Congrats! Keep rocking....

Thanks! I/we intend on it!

jdennis007 said:
how many tickets do you have to sell?

JD
As many as you need! The club will supply us with as many as we want/need. Let me know...

Thanks!

Meteornotes said:
Spock's Beard kicks much ass live. Congrats on the cool opening slot.

dt
Hey Dave,

Yeah, I love the DVD. Thanks a bunch for the congrats too! I'm usually more in the mood for metal, but these guys have something special about them. I have to wonder what they are going to be like without Neal, but what better way to find out?

Should I expect you and Mare to be attending?

Coldfire Mouse said:
Rick,

Remind me to contact ya privately about our tix. COngrats. Opening for SB is a good thing. Will be my first time seeing them without Neal Morse.....sure hope Ryo behaves this time.

Coldie
Hey Coldie!

OK. Oh yeah, don't forget to contact me privately about tix :loco:

Thanks!! I agree -- it should be great exposure! This will be first time seeing them live in person at all. I've only watched the "Don't Try This..." DVD a few times. Ryo behave? Inquiring minds want to know.

You know, it was at your Christmas party all those years ago that I finally started really digging them when someone put in the DVD. Gibberish blew my mind!

Glad to see you at the show this past Friday! Before you know it you'll be able to give the finger to people like no other ;)

On a related note to the SB show, that's quite a week Jaxx has lined up in May:
May 2 - Gamma Ray/Into Eternity with our brothers in metal, Division (contact them for tickets)!
May 4 - Dragonforce (basically sold out). I don't know any of the bands that are opening, but if any of them are local, contact them for tickets. They probably still have some left and they'll love you for it.
May 5 - Tracii Guns (if you're into that sort of thing)
May 6 - Spock's Beard with Odin's Court!!

Congrats Rick! That is going to be a killer show. Prymary is also opening for Spock's on May 13th for all the West Coast people, but we'll save that for another thread ...

Have a good time at Jaxx and kick some ass ODIN's COURT!

See ya in Atlanta!

Mike DiSarro/Prymary

digitalink said:
Congrats Rick! That is going to be a killer show. Prymary is also opening for Spock's on May 13th for all the West Coast people, but we'll save that for another thread ...

Have a good time at Jaxx and kick some ass ODIN's COURT!

See ya in Atlanta!

Mike DiSarro/Prymary
Thanks Mike! Awesome! Congrats to you guys as well! I saw you guys at the pre-party a couple of years ago and you kicked ass! People on the west coast should come out and check you guys out!

Thanks! I always have a good time playing! Hell yeah!

Definitely! I can't wait!

OK,

My turn to send out a reminder ;)

The Spock's Beard show @ Jaxx is less than two weeks away! Now would be a great time to get your tickets from us!!

TicketBastard adds on $4/ticket and Jaxx will charge $3 extra per ticket at the door the day of the show. Not only will you save money, the club uses a band's pre-sales performance as a way to judge a band's worth so your support is greatly appeciated!

Now back to your regularly scheduled flame war. :lol: