Odin's Court with Spock's Beard - May 6 @ Jaxx!

Rick Pierpont

Odin's Court Guitar
Oct 1, 2003
Morrisville, NC
www.myspace.com
Hey all,

Yes people, its true! We've been DYING to tell people for a couple of months now. Jaxx wanted us to make the announcement at our DVD shoot, so we've had to hold off for quite a while now. Being a fan of the Beard, this is quite an honor for me. Even if you aren't a fan of their studio work, they put on an energetic show that is amazing.

Anyhow, as it says in the subject, we are honored and privileged to be opening for none other than the prog rock legends, Spock's Beard! The show is Saturday, May 6 @ the infamous Jaxx in Springfield, VA! Tickets are just $27.50 through us. PLEASE don't buy them through TicketMaster -- you will spend more money and it doesn't help support local musicians (like ourselves). You can either contact me, someone else in the band, or purchase them directly from OUR website.

Thanks in advance! I hope to see many of you there. :kickass:

Wow! You're pretty good, because our anniversary is only a few days after (May 10th), but actually it's because we have a good friend who lives in that area, and I haven't been to the Poconos in a long time. We'll go to Bushkill Falls and Lake Ariel and do some hiking. I love the mountains and nature.

Back to topic: I am not too familiar with Spock's Beard. I know Neal Morse because he sang on an Ayreon album, but that's it.

Snowy Owl said:
Wow! You're pretty good, because our anniversary is only a few days after (May 10th), but actually it's because we have a good friend who lives in that area, and I haven't been to the Poconos in a long time. We'll go to Bushkill Falls and Lake Ariel and do some hiking. I love the mountains and nature.

Back to topic: I am not too familiar with Spock's Beard. I know Neal Morse because he sang on an Ayreon album, but that's it.
Well, Happy Anniversary over a month early. Better than wishing you a belated Anniversary since I can be sieve-minded at times. ;) My first marriage (and actually Barb's too) was May 25. In fact we both got married not only on the same day, but also the SAME year!! My honeymoon was in the Poconos. We went to one of the Caesar resorts. Kind of an educated guess?

Cool! So do I! We usually go camping in May and one or two other times during the summer. It looks like we'll be going the weekend after SB.

Yes, back to topic. Knowing Neal Morse, you can probably figure that SB isn't metal. They have some rockin' stuff, but they also have some pretty mellow stuff. Some of their older material really sounds heavily influenced by early Yes (the good stuff). I think much of that might be because of the bass tone and style. He sounds like a Chris Squire prodigy.

I can help you out with getting more familiar too. We'll talk...

Yep. He is joining us "homeowners" and mortgagers and all...

I hope you guys had a great gig at Champions! I look forward to seeing you kick ass again at Neptunes! From what the site says...that is where it all started!

Snowy Owl said:
Yep. He is joining us "homeowners" and mortgagers and all...

I hope you guys had a great gig at Champions! I look forward to seeing you kick ass again at Neptunes! From what the site says...that is where it all started!
Very cool! I love the homeowner part, hate the mortgager part. ;)

Thanks! It was pretty cool! Nothing like the Jaxx show by any means, but it still ended up being fun. Oh yeah, Neptune's double-booked on 6/3 and they gave us the choice of playing the show WITH the other band (which was a really bad fit) or taking a different show (which is what they really wanted). So now we are playing there on May 5! And you're out of town :( We'll also be back there on August 11. There is other stuff brewing that will take place much sooner than that. You'll be interested! :)

Don't worry...he'll be accompanying us to forthcoming ones. He's our buddy, he's a fan and he's part of our staff.

I am sure that Spock's Beard will rock. Is Neal Morse still in the band?

Oh man, you guys aren't playing June 3rd now? :( Hopefully there are going to be other saturday night shows in the future.

BTW, out of curiousity what time will the show start on May 6th?

Dude, I'll fill you in my friend. You will be pleased, I am sure. I just can't blab about it here or Rick will hunt me down and feed me to his dog! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I'll e-mail you the details. :)

OdinsCourt said:
Doors at 7, show starts at 8, we'll go on around 10, Spock's Beard on around 11. These are all estimates though - anything can happen. :D

Hmmmm.....perhaps I'll make the show after-all. I'll have to disuss it with the wife, though.

Only problem if I go, besides the fact that I'll be going alone, is that I'll either sleep in my car or have to stay at a hotel over night. Any cheap hotels in the area?