off the top of your head...

Greeno said:
Cool, another Kix fan! Midnight Dynamite is my favorite, even got to see them film the video for the title song.

Yeah ive alway loved Kix very underated band they put out some great stuff i just recently picked up Kix The Videos Vhs on ebay had a great time watching it :D

biozombie_uk said:
Yeah ive alway loved Kix very underated band they put out some great stuff i just recently picked up Kix The Videos Vhs on ebay had a great time watching it :D

Cool. Does that VHS have any of the earlyvideos on it... like "Body Talk"?
They are from my neck of the woods, used to see them play (and just hanging) in local bars. Steve still plays around here with his new band Funny Money. The rumor is that Kix is planning a reunion.

Greeno said:
Cool. Does that VHS have any of the earlyvideos on it... like "Body Talk"?
They are from my neck of the woods, used to see them play (and just hanging) in local bars. Steve still plays around here with his new band Funny Money. The rumor is that Kix is planning a reunion.

The Video has all the Blow my fuse Vids on it with some back stage stuff mixed in between:

Blow My Fuse
Get It While Its Hot
Cold Blood
Dont Close Yours Eyes

Yeah I heard about the reunion rumor that would be very cool if it happens and even better if they got back in the studio :D

Poison - Swallow This Live (double disc so counts as two)
Tuff - Religious Fix
Bret Michaels - Songs Of Life
Def Leppard - X
(Songs of life is not strictly true as "Stay With Me" makes me cry when I'm feeling down so it sometimes gets skipped.)

Queensryche-Operation:Mindcrime
Judas Priest-Stained Class
Hellhammer-Apocolyptic Raids
Anthrax-Persistance Of Time
Savatage-Hall Of The Mountain King

There are more, but you DID say "off the top of your head".

The Trooper said:
Five filler free albums...

Vinnie Vincent Invasion - Vincent Invasion Invasion
Kane Roberts - Saints & Sinners
W.A.S.P. - W.A.S.P.
Warrant - Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinkin' Rich
AC/DC - Back In Black
Glad to see someone else picked "Back in Black" as well. I actually prefer Scott's vocals over Johnson's but you can't touch the songwriting on that album, nor the production. When I say production, I mean the tones. That was released 24 years ago and most bands today can't even come close to touching that guitar sound. "Mutt," Angus and Malcolm probably had more to do with the "modern metal" sound than will ever be acknowledged because they were considered "hard rock" as opposed to metal. Here in 2004 I would give my left nut if I had a guitar tone like that. Not to take anything away from Brian either. Though I said I prefer Bon, Brian gave his finest effort on that release. I might not be listening to metal today had not BIB been released.

Bryant

Hawk said:
Sad Wings of Destiny - Judas Priest
A Sense of Change - Sieges Even
The Odyssey - Symphony X
Operation Mindcrime - Queensryche
Dead Heart in a Dead World - Nevermore

Great tread!
I love The Odyssey and don't skip any tracks on there. I think Russell Allen is one of the best vocalists on the planet. They are one of the few bands that needs more ballads. Allen's voice on those "balladish" songs like "Accolade II" and "Communion and the Oracle" are incredible. If Romeo would realize he had a shit guitar tone (as he is a great player and sounds great live) on disc, they could be truly amazing.

O:M used to be one of my top albums of all time, but for some reason I don't really care for it like I used to. QR sorta started me on a prog direction towards Fates Warning and later, Dream Theater and eventually Vanden Plas and Pagans Mind. Fates was really the band that changed my perception about metal music though (the last major change in my life anyway) as Queensryche was more of a "stepping stone" as compared to Fates "Mt. Everest." Still without QR, I might not be into "prog."

Bryant

Greeno said:
Are you kidding around with this one?!!

Actually, no. I really do love that album. Yeh, it's so simple and primitive, a blind chimp could play it, but i knew that from the start. I took how it was. I really like the simplicity, mindlessness, and sheer ruthless, energetic, and moronic agression that the album pretty much represents. The songs have hooks within their simplicities. Since it is so raw and simple, it's easy to get into. Call me crazy(you probably would), but i do rank that as one of my favorite albums, and i can listen to it as many times as i want, without skipping a track. It's funny how bare bones it is, but really, that's what i like about it, that's it's charm.

Wicked Child said:
Actually, no. I really do love that album. Yeh, it's so simple and primitive, a blind chimp could play it, but i knew that from the start. I took how it was. I really like the simplicity, mindlessness, and sheer ruthless, energetic, and moronic agression that the album pretty much represents. The songs have hooks within their simplicities. Since it is so raw and simple, it's easy to get into. Call me crazy(you probably would), but i do rank that as one of my favorite albums, and i can listen to it as many times as i want, without skipping a track. It's funny how bare bones it is, but really, that's what i like about it, that's it's charm.

Just goes to show that beauty is in the EAR of the beholder. Not busting your chops here Wicked Child, I've just never come across anyone who listed that albums as a favorite. Are you also a Celtic Frost fan?

These are some albums I always listen to straight through:

MANILLA ROAD - Crystal Logic
SKYCLAD - Wayward Sons Of Mother Earth
METALLICA - Ride The Lightning
OVERKILL - Years Of Decay
IRON MAIDEN - Powerslave

Greeno said:
Just goes to show that beauty is in the EAR of the beholder. Not busting your chops here Wicked Child, I've just never come across anyone who listed that albums as a favorite. Are you also a Celtic Frost fan?
Well, like i always said, musical taste is the cousin of opinions. There is no actual, FACTUAL "THIS IS GOOD" type of music, everyone has a different taste of it. No two people's taste is alike. Much like opinions, they differ. But that's me.
And Indeed i am a Celtic Frost fan! how'd you guess? :) Hell, i even like "Cold Lake"!

Fear Of God - "Within The Veil"
Atrox - "Terrestrials"
Kate Bush - "The Dreaming"
Kari Bremnes - "Løsrivelse"
Nightwish - "Oceanborn"

If it´s got to be more "old school":
Coroner - "Punishment For Decadence"
Death - "Leprosy"
Fates Warning - "The Spectre Within"
Psychotic Waltz - "A Social Grace"
Voivod - "Killing Technology"

AngelWitch73 said: