Off to see Nevermore in eight hours

No it doesn't. Atheism precludes the existence of a divine being, it does not explicitly state that a human being completely ceases to exist at the end of its life. It is entirely conceivable for an atheist that a living being goes on to some other existence at the end of this one.

If you're a Buddhist, or into other Indian or Asian religions, then sure. I should have been more specific, but I don't think Warrel is a Buddhist lol.

For western religions, an afterlife presupposes a criteria for admittance (unless you're into making up your own religions, which isn't that difficult to do). Criteria has to be handed down to us.

So much wasted effort and thought, talking about things that will never matter to anyone or anything ever, in the end.

When you die, you die. That's it. NOTHING HAPPENS. And even if that's untrue, no one will ever know, so why waste time thinking about or discussing it? Life is too short for religious debate and mediocre music.

Believing in an afterlife doesn't make you a theist, it just makes you stupid.

Now now, there's a fine line between stupid and impressionable.

I've met smart theists. But there's a common thread between almost all of them. Usually someone close to them died when they were young, and the god story got them through it. Makes perfect sense.

They're not stupid. Just gullible.

Usually someone close to them died when they were young, and the god story got them through it.

I wouldn't say that's only regarding religion..look at all those people who say a certain band or music in general got them through their darkest moments.
As a side note, I think there's more to it and it's not due to the fact that I as a human being cannot accept there is nothing beyond death.
The way I see it, if man always had the urge to believe in something, just as man has the instinctual urge to procreate, that comes from somewhere.

For western religions, an afterlife presupposes a criteria for admittance (unless you're into making up your own religions, which isn't that difficult to do). Criteria has to be handed down to us.
Are you making this stuff up? Because it sure sounds like you are. The Greek philosophers (and that's still the West, right), already speculated that after life, the essense and energy of a person rejoined the great cosmic energy that makes up all living beings (now you also know where George Lucas stole his ideas of the Force), without any God or criterium ever being mentioned. It is perfectly possible to imagine an afterlife without criteria to be admitted to it, like that cosmic energy example. Hell, this life could already have been an afterlife of something else without us knowing it, with or without criteria.

You need to think outside the box here, man.

So much wasted effort and thought, talking about things that will never matter to anyone or anything ever, in the end.
"'Philosophy', they snort, 'every answer only yields a thousand more questions!'. Well, I say, one answer and a thousand questions is better than none of either."

Believing in an afterlife doesn't make you a theist, it just makes you stupid.
Now, now, that's wayyy too short through the curve. Many intelligent people have been theists, many intelligent people still are, and many intelligent people believe in an afterlife. It is an emotional choice, not a rational one. Like Brooks said, it might be because they're impressionable, but it might also be because these people feel that there is more to this life. And if they do, who are we to argue? I'll certainly not call them stupid - because I sure as Hell don't want to look like a fool when there is an afterlife, as you doutbless will ;)

wow you guys sure get off topic :lol:
I love the look of Attila's Loomis. the black just on top of natural wood looks great.
I wonder If I'll be able to get one like that at some point.
great pics!