Official As the World Bleeds Lyrics

Yes! I was sure that's what I heard. Genius pun.

Same, and agreed.

I like how the writing is intelligent ("The percussion section thunders like the stormclouds....") yet modern sounding ("Tell me why he'd wreck his life to get some on the side"). The two aren't always easy to reconcile, but they seem to have done a splendid job.

Thread made sticky. I wish I could have logged online before the conversation began. Now that it has, I'm inclined not to lock it since, at a bare minimum, Rawshik will be bummed I denied him a chance to respond to Matt.

So, we'll have two 'lyrics' threads. If that gets too confusing and you guys really think one needs to be locked, let me know.

Queensryche used the same French words on the album Operation Mindcrime. I believe the song "I don't believe in love"

Queensryche is the reason that 'raison d’etre' is in my vocabulary! :headbang:

Yes! I was sure that's what I heard. Genius pun.
Hah, same here, I like it.

Thanks for posting these, FleshAndBloodTheocracy, and thank you Matt & the band for writing them!

I'm glad to see the real ending to "Drown" is even better than what I thought it was:

A hand is reaching out
I grab it and rise

I'm also glad we can see who did the various parts. This bit in Hide in the Fairytale is even cooler now that I know it's Jon, then Val, then Val and Jon together. I guess the panned mix should have made it obvious, but it's still nice to know! :kickass:
Solo: Jon
Solo: Val
Harmonies: Val and Jon

yo rawshik im not gonna call you out on facebook on that one :p But dont mess with Matt! He'll stomp on you like the cat in the beginning of Laying The Demon To Rest!

Ah ok I was afraid you'd say that. Anyways the most cat-like scream I've ever heared is in 'Needs' by Seventh Avenue at 0:10:D

Oh and by the way, there are multiple threads on Truman's location on MoS, just click here.

EDIT: Oh and excuses for adding another unrelated post to a thread, can't seem to shake that nasty habit:/

The intent of my post wasn't to insult, which is why I put that at the beginning because I figured someone would think it was. I was just pointing out that I thought it was weird. It doesn't seem usual that a drummer would get credit for writing. FaBT did make a good point about that though. And that's as far as I'm going with this because I definitely don't want to mess with Matt or his bandmates. I apologize if I offended anyone. :(

The intent of my post wasn't to insult, which is why I put that at the beginning because I figured someone would think it was. I was just pointing out that I thought it was weird. It doesn't seem usual that a drummer would get credit for writing. FaBT did make a good point about that though. And that's as far as I'm going with this because I definitely don't want to mess with Matt or his bandmates. I apologize if I offended anyone. :(

No worries man, it's all good.

What is wrong with a drummer writing songs? Hahaha! What makes a bassist superior? I really don't get it, but oh well. :p.
And that is cool, Matt, that you guys jammed together with that song in about 2004. Isn't a lot of this album actually written before Mos?