Official As the World Bleeds Lyrics

...I'm not even going to reply to that, Ryan.

... :wave:

I bet Seastorm is gonna delete this post. :loco:.

O.K. seriously. I can make my name say "Matt Smith" so all threads can say he posted last. :tickled: Good idea? No? :Spam:

One question. In the lyrics there is a sentence like this: "Forego the incorruptible for praises of man." What means the word "forego"? I cannot find it in any wordbook I know. Is it a word or some letters mixed wrong?

One question. In the lyrics there is a sentence like this: "Forego the incorruptible for praises of man." What means the word "forego"? I cannot find it in any wordbook I know. Is it a word or some letters mixed wrong?

"Forego the incorruptible" roughly means "to give up the incorruptible." He seems to be talking about someone who has traded what God can give for the praises of man, which easily fade away.

Ah, yes. While "forego" is a word (it means to precede), the word that should have been used is "forgo," which means to decline. In the sense of "forgo the incorruptible for praises of man" it means "to decline God in favor of man"

Hide in the Fairytale
(Lyrics and Music: Smith)

...The birthright of Adam, the curse of the old man...

...See the old man dying...

...Starving the new keeps the old man alive...

So, I was wondering, is the 'old man' the old man who is killed by Hyde, or Dr. Jekyll?

And if it is Jekyll, why are you watching him die? ('see the old man dying')

I believe Matt is referencing the Old-Man/New-Man terminology Paul frequently uses in his epistles. The "old man" is old in the sense of "the past" not in the sense of age. Thus, the old man (the one who was dead to sin) dying is a GOOD thing. And "starving the new (man) keeps the old man alive".....if you don't nurture your relationship with Christ, sin will still control you. In that context, the birthright of Adam and the curse of the old man are the same thing - Original Sin.

Hope that helps!

thanks!

one more question: What are the ninety five things you've learned?

'Nailed these ninety-five things I’ve learned
They’ll say that I must be burned
For God has no place for heretics'

Apologies for the thread necromancy here but I've always wondered what Matt meant with one line in the title track.
"In death, our sin hath borne a son"

Ideas?

HIde in a fairytale contains a paronomasia in its chorus right? I took a long time to undestand "Jekiil and Hyde in a fairytale"... i didn't know that history before...

I have a little question regarding the I Am lyrics.
In the line "I am the shelter from the storm that rages on and on". Is it a reference to Mirror of souls? Really sounds like it.
If so, the hall of truth is God, and he could enter the realm of god with his soul being tainted (this last thing i'm certainly wrong, but this thought came through my mind when i first heard this :p After all we're not exactly sure what the song is talking about)

Well, that was all. Thanks in advance for answering!

It's possible that was an easter egg thrown in, but I think most people will understand the storm to be the bad crap in life. In MoS, the storm represents the evil inside the narrator because he isn't saved yet, but in I Am, God is "talking" to a believer, so the storm is external.

Yeah...i understand what you mean. Just like kamelot's winter in the faust (ariel) concept albums (epica, and the black halo).
Well, again, thank you!

By the way Matt, I had a quick question that I was wondering if you could answer, I am a huge fan of your music (as my name implies) but I was just wondering whether you guys had any plans as far as when you would begin to make your next album. Do you have an answer for that?

P.S. For any1 who ends up reading the posts I made, I was on the first page where the lyrics were, and I thought my post would end up there.... Turns out (and I just noticed this recently, When I made my first post, I thought that it would end up on the same page as the lyric page, then I made my second post to explain but it ended up on the same page as my other post, so I just wanted to explain that :/ "So raise a glass to all we've lost and wonder if we'll ever get it back." :)