Official Dark Tower Thread.

Fuþorc

Rotting Corpse Head!
Aug 10, 2002
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
Come and rejoice in the guiding light of the Dark Tower by Stephen King.

On a previous Forum, we were discussing possible actors to play the characters in the movie, (which, of course, will never be made) if they were to make it. I'll give my opinions later.

Clint Eastwood is Gunslinger, there's no chance with other people. btw. Is the fifth part already been published? I haven't been really keeping eye on Kings works lately.

-VoG, who's owned DT4 for 4 years and hasn't still finished yet.

Hmh... so with the time it takes to translate and publish it in Finnish, I've at least a year to finish DT4. :D Or maybe I'll just reread the whole thing, I can't quite remember what happened in the beginning.... something about Gunslinger telling a story.

From what I've heard from other Europeans, the Translations are pretty bad. In the DT3 book, on line was translated wrong and it said something totally different that what the english pass was. I think I will get the Hardcover when it comes out. I already have the Signet Plume Editions of The Wastelands and Wizard and Glass.

I read the first three books in finnish and the translations were ok, or at least I didn't notice anything weird. I bought DT4 soft cover from England before it was published in finnish, so I'm reading it in english (except that I haven't touched the book in over a year... well maybe when I finish the Hyperion-series).

I haven't read the series in over a few years myself. I'm waiting for the new one to come out. What other books by King have you read? I've read just about all except the first on and a few inbetween.

I read tons of King when I was 13-17. Mainly novels, but also some short story collections (like Different Seasons).

I just checked the bibliography and I've missed these novels:
Salem's Lot (I started this sometime, but didn't like it)
Firestarter
Cujo
Christine
Misery (seen the movie)
Dolores Claiborne (seen the movie)
Desperation
Hearts in Atlantis
Dreamcatcher
Black House
...and the 4th DT like I've mentioned above.

Let my think:
Carrie
Cujo
Cycle of the Werewolf
Misery
Gerald's Game
On Writing
Four past Midnight

I've read all of the Bachman Books. The Running Man was the best. It's 1984 written by Stephen King.:D

i just got to about the last 1/5 of Dreamcatcher and man is that book hard to put down... just like the best king novels always have been, for me. i can't get enough of that kurtz fella :) he ran probably the most stylish, cyberpunk and generally l337 black op i've ever witnessed in either print or film.

Originally posted by Ziller
he ran probably the most stylish, cyberpunk and generally l337 black op i've ever witnessed in either print or film.

I haven't read any King in couple of years (last time was when Bag of Bones was published in finnish) That made my mind, now I just have to get Dreamcatcher next time I go to library. Though I bet it's loaned and I can't get it before 2006 or something.... ...hmm this is getting a bit off-topic.

Dark Tower is an awesome series. I just wish he would stop getting hit by vans and finish the damn thing. If you go to stephen kings website you can download the prologue to the next book (at least you could a month ago, im far to lazy to check).

Wow, I never come to this forum and the time I do was to start a Dark Tower thread... imagine that. Anyway, have any of you read The Black House yet? It's the sequel to The Talisman and explains what/who The Crimson King is and such.

I had a hard time putting down Dreamcatcher as well. I think it took me a week. I know the last two or three days, I sat around all day and read about 150 pages each day! I can't wait for the movie, though I'm going to be EXTREMELY pissed if Morgan Freeman is Kurtz. I hope they don't fuck it up....