Official Gigantour Announcement/Discussion (updated 7/18)

Stay tuned for more on the setlist..MJR & I discussed something about that which I think folks will enjoy.

bball_1523 said:
As long as they don't play while Nevermore plays then it's all good with me. Does anyone know how much longer SX will spend on the new album?
^^^^^ couldnt agreee more nevermore is my fav band sx and megadeth r a close second and 3rd this is gonna be incredible. word is tickets will be cheap for this kind of event EVEN BETTER ill be at the holmdel (sp?) event this is gonna be amazing on all levels (i know this doesnt fit) but the only thing that could have made this n e better was if i could get to see pantera play with the rest of my fav bands :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Katana Overlord said:
I will for sure if the show goes to Minnesota, if it doesn't I still plan on going, but it might be less likely.

i caught them in toronto for the odyssey tour...so, another road trip to toronto in sept. sounds awesome for me! :headbang:

add 4 more min and play DWOT and Odyssey!!!!!! haha that would be sick.

I'd love to see some of these songs played (can't play all because it would go past 40 min):

Bird-Serpent War
On The Breath Of Poseidon
In The Dragon's Den
Accolade II
The Accolade
Awakenings
Rediscovery Pt. 1 and 2 together
Dressed To Kill
A Winter's Dream pt. 1 and 2

I am so happy I could just sheet!!! :hotjump:

I am going to at least two of the dates so far. Sactown and Concord, thats is going to be one hell of a weekend!!!!

I am totally happy for Symphony X, they are going to get some many fans from this tour!! Hates of to Glenn and Shawn Drover for pushing them along with Portnoy, how cool is that, keep it in the family!!!

Bear

Will SyX have any Meet and Greet packs like Megadeth will? (You know, the platinum and gold packs that will guarentee front row seats and backstage stuffs)

Must buy... must buy....

ok....theres a lot to be done with 40mins...heres my set list...

Inferno (Unleash the Fire)
Fallen
Masquerade
Egypt
Church of the Machine
Evolution
In the Dragon's Den
Fallen

Sym X in NY...AMAZING...2nd time Megadeth...Virgin to Dream Theater and Sym X but i got tix and it wont be that way for long...

I think their 80 each, hell Smoke + Mirrors, and Dragons Den would really get the crowd fucking going, and the sheer pwnage of the riffage would annihilate all the kids there for Dry kill logic

And for setlists, dont expect an epic, this is a diverse crowd, I think they'll sample their sounds, but lean quite a bit more on the heavy stuff. 1-2 proggier songs (accolade II, Communion?), and the rest heavier stuff to get the kids into them, and realistically raise the most awareness for them.

This is one of the biggest reasons I moved out of Alaska a few months ago. There's no chance of seeing shows like this up there. I plan on trekking out to Detroit somehow on Aug. 10th for this. Maybe I can hit the Chicago show as well.