Official Off Topic Thread

Yngvai X--That's fine to disagree with policies...I think I'd gotten a different impression from your previous post. While I don't agree with too many of the points you made, I appreciate your clarifying. :)

i don't give a shit who's in office. Bitching about it on a message board isn't going to change things. I honestly just am completely apathetic about the state of our country and the world we live in. I can hear people gasping in disbelief right now, but honestly i just don't care. People will kill each other, cheat each other, lie and steal. It happens. I'd much rather listen to metal and have a good time.

That's not to say i don't get pissed at some of the stuff i hear, i'm just saying i go watch my simpsons dvds right after being pissed.

The first inter-racial kiss broadcasted on TV was in a Star Trek episode between Lt. Uhura and Captain Kirk :) So another reason to cherish Star Trek. I was a big fan, especially of "Next generation".

Yes, i have very much of unneccessary knowledge :)

And one more thing,
I don't see any difference between an abortion and stem cell research. So if some government will prohibit one of them, it should also prohibit the other. That would be logical. If you ask me what side i support about that stem researches, i can say that i can't decide. I am a science fan, and i am really amazed by the development of medicine and finding cures for diseases, but i can't stop thinking about the future dead thousands of zygotes... If someone is sick who is close to me, with an uncurable disease, i'd probably support these researches. Cause you know, mankind is selfish in many ways :)

Are we justified in taking life to save life ?

That's the question :)

turke said:
The first inter-racial kiss broadcasted on TV was in a Star Trek episode between Lt. Uhura and Captain Kirk :) So another reason to cherish Star Trek. I was a big fan, especially of "Next generation".

Yes, i have very much of unneccessary knowledge :)

Hm...I was a Deep Space Nine type myself. You know what's amazing...Seasons 1 and 2 especially are EXACTLY the situation in Iraq. Whether you agree or disagree with what's happening, there's almos tno way to escape that 10 years before any of it ever happened, the writers of that show came up with an accurate picture of it and ran it on the air.

And nice DT reference, turke. You know why I LOVE that song...because it lets you answer the question for yourself instead of DT insisting that they know the right answer for everybody else.