Official Off Topic Thread

Alright, I gotta bitch about something here...

Maybe its cause my body frame is on the smaller size for a guy (Im around 5' 8" and slim) but why the fuck are t shirt sizes getting larger? For example, I got a COBHC shirt at the Bodom show in NYC the other week, and its a medium and the thing is fucking huge on me, and the Blind Guardian shirt I got had a similar problem (tho not as bad). Why the fuck is a MEDIUM this big?!?!? I have other shirts that I got from European online stores that are cut much smaller, and it fucking pisses me off that these band shirts are increasing in size.

^ +10,000,000,000,000 imho

Is this to heavy metal being better than power?

Ok, i guess i should be more helpful as well. Heavy Metal is basically just straight forward metal... it's what you think of when you hear "Metal". Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Doro, and many, many other bands of that style. Let's stereotype now. Power metal gets more cheesy. It's generally more about fantasy, faster paced (or super slow, cheesy gay ballads that even Celine Dion would think goes too far) and so on. There are some good stand out bands (Helloween, Gamma Ray, etc.) but most are fairly worthless because the genre relies heavily on vocals and most power metal vocalists are weak.

Heavy metal is generally more badass. The aforementioned bands such as Priest, Maiden, Doro are all here, and topics can range big time. There's also a lot about the glory of metal that falls into the heavy metal category (though generally this gets very close to power metal territory, i'd say it's plain Heavy stuff) such as Manowar. Heavy Metal shares more in common with very melodic thrash (think Rage here) over power metal, which is often times just gay.

Poster children for Heavy Metal:
Judas Priest
Doro
Iron Maiden
Dio

Poster children for Power Metal:
Helloween
Gamma Ray
HammerFall

Any questions?

Reactions: Tubbs

Maybe its cause my body frame is on the smaller size for a guy (Im around 5' 8" and slim) but why the fuck are t shirt sizes getting larger? For example, I got a COBHC shirt at the Bodom show in NYC the other week, and its a medium and the thing is fucking huge on me, and the Blind Guardian shirt I got had a similar problem (tho not as bad). Why the fuck is a MEDIUM this big?!?!? I have other shirts that I got from European online stores that are cut much smaller, and it fucking pisses me off that these band shirts are increasing in size.

uhh... because metal fans are fat dude. especially american metal fans.

Of course! I can't believe I only had around 7,800 posts yesterday. Damned thread games! :oops:

Obligatory:

POST 8,000!!!11one

With all that aside, I haven't given much rep lately. It's nearing the end of the year, so I might be giving some out.

What's hilarious is (as of right now) I have 1,268 rep points on Sevenstring.org and only around 45 here, and I also have 7,600 less posts. Haha!

Haha, I have screenshots of every significant post count I've ever made!

(666, 888, 1,111, 1,234, 2,112, 2,222, 2,500, 3,333, 4,321, 5,555, 6,666, 7,777, and also the more significant ones from 1,000 all the way up to 8,000)

I guess that kinda makes me nerdy tbph. :erk:

I plan on posting every single one of them in the pictures thread when I reach 10,000. It's a sort of project I'm doing more than being a post whore. I notice myself in the first year how naive I acted and etc., and what I had for avatars that were corresponding to how I was feeling or what I was listening to at the time. If that's not obsession, I don't know what is! :erk:

Have you tried shrinking it? Tumble dry (inside-out to preserve color) on high heat for a bit longer than usual. If that doesn't work you can always alter it.

try having that prob AND being a chick.. most metal merch does not cater for women, so we are forced to wear the mens shirts and even the small sizes are huge on us! theres no point even wearing band shirts most of the time because they look atrocious on our frames..